We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Questions ??

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Topic
2 Questions ??

How is the food at the India Restaurant at the El Mirador Strip, and is the Iceland in Los Cristianos of a similar size to that in PDLA?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Questions ??

The Indian on Mirador strip is fairly average ,sorry but we never use Iceland, we take the bus to Mercadona in El Camison and get a taxi back and it's still cheaper than the others

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Questions ??

Thanks - we'll be at Mercadona as usual to do a "big" shop - but found a few tasty bits and pieces at Iceland this time round as we had to go there to get SMA for our youngest grandchild. The butcher section was a nice surprise - just wondered if it was duplicated.

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
208 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Questions ??

We enjoyed the Indian down the road towards the beach, go past Victoria 1, then 1 more block and turn left it is just before the market on the opposite side, good quality and large portions. Sorry can't remember the name.

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Questions ??

Thanks - we'll have a wander and look out for it.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Questions ??

Hi Katy

The Los Cris Iceland is a lot smaller than the one in Las Americas.

If you want a good Indian try Krishna II in the shopping centre beside La Siesta hotel, Las Americas.

Nothing plush inside, but excellent food and reasonable too. Have a look at the reviews. We've been going for years and it's always good.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 18:44
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Questions ??

I would second the Krishna 2 in cc shopping centre well ahead of the place in Los Cris which i think is called Asian Dream.. have had differing opinions for there .......we have used Krishna for years always very good food and value

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Questions ??

I have only had a takeaway from the Indian in Los Cristianos, shortly after it opened, (can´t remember its name but opp Sunday Market) mine was very average and OH's was horrible and he is normally not difficult to please. We would never return - we still like the Sher e Punjab near the harbour and Star of Bengal near Perla Negra. Didn´t rate the King of India it was OK but service was a bit pushy and not tried the curries at the Olive Garden but they generally get good reviews.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

st helens
Level Contributor
496 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Questions ??

Another vote for Star of Bengal we always eat here when in Los Cris. Great menu and great prices loads and loads of food for 12 euros.

essex
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
1,705 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Questions ??

The curries served at the OLIVE GARDEN are much better than most Indian Restaurants,my OH had never eaten curry untill she tried a Korma at Olive Garden,now looks forward to going there.I have eaten in lots of Indian Restaurants,but must say I have had more than 20 curries in the Olive Garden,and they have all been excellent.My personal favorite is KING PRAWN MADRAS.Give it a try.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Questions ??

star of Bengal without a doubt is the best we've had in Tenerife, great service and fantastic food

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos