We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

We decided to go with the Arona Gran hotel, although have since found out it seems to be popular with the older crowd (well, we did say we didn't want to be in amongst the party-goers... :D). We will be going at the end of July, so guessing it will be super busy.

Can anyone tell me how far the sandy beach is on foot? And are there any places of interest we should visit? We're planning to do a few excursions to see more of the island, but want to explore the immediate area too. Tips appreciated!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

10/15 minutes walk to the beach depending on your speed.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

That's great, thank you. :)

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

Not been to the Arona Gran , but it does look lovely . You surprise me to say it is for the older crowd , I thought there would be a good mix , though Los Cristianos in general is suited for the more mature clientele . The beach is about 10 minutes away . no sun beds for hire the last time I was there . A better beach is another 10 minutes further on .

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

It is just the vibe I get from reviews, kevin - but I do tend to take reviews with a pinch of salt! Thanks - we will have to check them both out :-)

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

Hi, Tenerife is very popular with older popular over the winter months, many who stay for a month or more. These visitors have returned by July.

I am sure you will have a lovely holiday, and return many times.

6. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 06:35
Dublin
Level Contributor
88 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

Hi. I'm just back from Los Cristianos. Just one piece of advice.... Don't go on a Miller's Travel excursion ... You will see their brochures on every street corner. We went on the one to Mercedes Forest. Brochure said we'd be visiting a therapeutic info-show. It transpired to be a woman selling memory foam mattresses and we had no choice but to go. 2 hours in a room listening to bull. I thought it would be a 15 minute stop off to view Spa products or lotions/oils ect. We didn't get to the restaurant for lunch until 3 o'clock and only had an hour for lunch in a lovely place but had to get the bus back. It's a scam.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 23:24
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,367 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

Get yourself over the road to big bens especially on a sun aft, it's cheap as chips and a sun trap.

serious you will have a nice time.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

thank you dublinhappy_tripper, will stay well away! hope you had a nice time, aside from the bad excursion experience.

claireh195 - thankyou, will remember that!

10. Re: Just booked our first holiday to Tenerife!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos