We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allocated seating, ryanair

Wales
Level Contributor
74 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Allocated seating, ryanair

A friends recently flew to Dublin with Ryanair, going out it was the usual case of finding a seat but on her boarding pass for the return flight she was allocated a seat. We're going to tenerife in July and just wondered if we will be allocated seats on printing our boarding passes out. I suppose it saves the mad rush to get to the front of the queue. Thanks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

You may be better off posting direct on the Air forum. Link below .....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

I'm flying out on Sunday and I've got allocated seats for there and back. It just gives you ones at random though.

Think its just to speed up boarding times.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

They adopted this from AirAsia and if you want another one than the seat allocated, you have to pay for it. Which I think is what O'Leary is relying on.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

The trouble with it is that you are only allocated the available seats after those who wished to reserve have already done so. It means you could be put anywhere on the plane. It will be interesting to see will they adopt the same policy as Easyjet in so far as they will always try and group children of the same party in seats together when allocating seats. On the other hand, it means an end of standing in queue airside, in an effort to get the best seats.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

I'd say anyone who is in a group and want to sit together then book your seats before your fly or you may end up separated.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

Yes it's all allocated seats on Ryan Air now, no rush to get to front of queue ,

Ayrshire, Scot,and
Level Contributor
51 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

We are flying as a couple with Ryanair this weekend and when I did the online check in I noticed the seat numbers had been automatically allocated. We have been allocated seats together on both outbound and return flights.You are also now allowed a handbag in addition to your main cabin bag. All part of Michael O'Leary's plan to try and rehabilitate Ryanair's poor customer service reputation. If this is the aim hopefully they won't split up groups purely to try and generate extra income.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

Cacmk same for us I guess it depend on busy flights :)

ireland
Level Contributor
133 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

Be careful when travelling with infants under 2 years of age on a Ryanair flight.. We are shortly going to Tenerife and are 5 adults and 3 infants travelling together. Upon on line checking in we were all allocated the same row despite the terms and conditions stating that only 1 infant per row is permitted. To make matters worse we had been given row 15 which is the row immediately in front of the emergency exit. This row excludes infants.(T&C)

Luckily I noticed but it cost me €6 euro for a call to the Ryanair phone line to get it sorted. I subsequently emailed customer care in Ryanair to inform them of this glitch but never heard anything back.

Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allocated seating, ryanair

I always pay priority boarding and pick the seats I want, £5.00 each way , saves hassle at boarding gate , I'm on plane first and sat down relaxing while the plane fills up

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations