We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

Booked these for our recent trip to Los Cristianos. Received text week before we went on holiday saying they were collecting us for our return transfer an hour before we arrived? Anyway rang up and changed this no problem. On arrival at the airport we had to go to the desk for these and then wait outside (around 20 minutes) after several times of coming back in to see where the driver was. Carried on wasn't going to spoil holiday but not good service. Received text day before due to come home confirming time for collection from hotel, everything ok. Stood outside hotel waited 10 minutes rang from hotel reception to be told someone would ring back, rang again 10 minutes later to say someone would ring us. A further 10/15 minutes now getting frustrated rang back again to be asked to book another taxi and we will be refunded for this part of the transfer !!! Hotel arrange taxi for us 5 of us that is part of reason we booked private transfer. DO NOT USE !!!!! have used many other companies for private transfers and never had a problem but not these !!!!

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

I am so sorry this has happened and if the service provided has disappointed you. I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been, especially for the end of your holiday. If you’d like me to chase this up internally, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on customerservices@holidaytaxis.com and include FAO John in the subject line and I’ll look into it personally. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,166 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

I would have just got a taxi outside the aiport from the taxi rank. No messing about waiting.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

I'm a bit confused here. Why is someone who has only joined TA today and from Brighton responding to the complaint that is Los Cristianos based?

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

I presume because he works in services in holidaytaxis.com??

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

HolidayTaxis are based on Black Lion Street in Brighton, a very nice area I might add. They can't be doing too badly.

In Tenerife I've used www.suntransfers.com for my taxis, who have always been good, waiting in arrivals with my name on a board in easy to spot yellow shirts.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
523 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

For the benefit of most travellers, it's really easy to just get a taxi from the airport and then via your hotel or close to your hotel for the return trip to the airport. No need to prebook, unless it's in the early hours. I appreciate declanpeel was needing a larger a taxi but these seem readily available.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

Yes that's true, we normally do just jump in a taxi but as mentioned there are 5 of us two older children and one age 4 (so we look like 4 adults and a child) and when you see us with our suitcases, pushcahir etc it looks like we need a mini bus but the hotel arranged a big car for us with plenty of seats and space and it was less than 25 euros obviously we tipped him as he got us to the airport very quickly !!!!!!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

I wil send you an e-mail with details

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

dokgolf you are correct, apologies for not making this clearer to begin with. I will make sure the customer services manager looks out for your email declanpeel and look into it straight away for you. Thanks.

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Taxis . com - Transfers - Do not use

Hi declanpeel,

Thank you for your email. I have discussed your case with the Customer Service Manager and the following actions have been agreed. Your return transfer costs have been fully refunded and were processed on the 11th March (this will take 3-5 working days to show). We have also agreed to refund you 50% of the arrival transfer costs which are being processed today (this will also take 3-5 working days to show). I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope you are satisfied with the reimbursement. If you need anything else then please don’t hesitate to get in contact.

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations