We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Hi me and my family (6) are due to stay at this villa in June booked through travel company Villa Plus . Since I booked the holiday I have read some unsatisfactory comments on this company and their villas. I am now very nervous as there is 1 child and 1 baby in the group. Any comments would be gratefully received.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

In what way are you concerned? The location of the villas according to the Villa Plus resort map villaplus.com/menorca/… is fine and hardly any distance from the sea. All I would say is that the map suggests that the villa is on the same side of the road as the Don Tomas restaurant whereas the buildings shown in the background of some of the photos @ villaplus.com/menorca/… show it to on the opposite side of the road ( which is no real problem as the resort is very quiet and there is very little traffic).

All I would say is that the last 3 photos on the VillaPlus page for the Villa Gabriella are NOT pictures of Santo Tomas - the harbour pic seems more likelt to be a view of Mahon Harbour and I am not sure where the others are of but they are definately NOT of Santo Tomas- the ones of the beach are though.

Please elaborate on your concerns. As a thumb rule all the villas in Santo Tomas are individually designed and therefore totally unique - there are no rows of similar looking properties and I am not aware of any in the resort that are not detached and standing in their own individual gardens so the whole place has a nice open feel.

York
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Hi MenReg

Just looked at the Map and the Villa is actually shown as being a little further along the road opposite the Supermarket and the row of Shops. The Numbers in Red are Restaurants.

Would be interested to hear the concerns of Hazels999 as we very nearly used Villaplus. In the end we went for Meon as we could book as a package.

Duggers

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Thank you for your reply and information. My concerns were, that after looking at other web sites this company (sometimes) recieved poor comments and the villas they were using were of a poor standard. However, I have to say, that looking at the villa via the website it looks lovely and, as you say, is well situated. I suppose I am really after some reassurance that I have done the right thing in booking this villa using this company.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

You cannot really go very far wrong in this resort although the places at the back of the resort up in the very far left hand side are the furthest away from the beach etc ( it is a bit hilly up there too) which is not a problem with the one you have picked. Because the villas tend to be large and individual ones they are quite expensive so people tend to research the resort more (rather than just go with it because it is cheap and then find out it is not a resort suitable for their type of holiday). It is not unusual for people to rebook for the following year as soon as they get back from holiday and you generally don't get last minute deals on villas there because they are all taken so far ahead.

Your TA profile isn't completed so I haven't been able to try and get a feel of the sort of thing that you would like in order to suggest things to do etc. so here are a couple of questions about your stay- have you been to the island before ( if so where), how long are you staying this time, what is the make up of your party ( ages etc.) and do you have a car booked?

If you are planning on eating in much, catering in for 6 people will be much cheaper if you do some large supermarket shop runs into places like the inland Euroski or larger SPa supermarkets. The bakery in Santo Tomas ( just across the road from your villa) is very nice and not expensive but otherwise you will pay a premium on most things in the supermarkets in the resort and the choice of fruit and veg is limited.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Sorry for the typo - I meant SPA - these are dotted around all over the island and vary in size quite a bit but you should get proper fish, meat and deli counters in them. The Euroski's are much larger and there are other large supermarket chains dotted around too but I have not used them

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Thank you for your reply, your help is much appreciated. Our party is 2 oldies but goodies, 2 adults a 10yr old and a baby 18months. Our intention is to use the villa as much as possible, but the younger ones will like the beach as well. We will certainly be eating in quite a bit but would like to find 1 or 2 nice restraunts to eat at on an occasional evening as well, no doubt there will be plenty of quick eating places close by. It is our intention to hire a large car for 2/3 days as we are only staying for a week but would like to visit other parts of the island. If you have any sugestions, that would be good, also we would like to sort out return transfers from the airport and again we would welcome any sugestions. Can we use any of the hotels on an evening for some entertainment or is this not done? The 10yr old would like somewhere to go sometimes.

Thank you

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

2 Tips for you:

At many restaurants ( if you ask ' Para Levar por Favor?' ) you will be able to take cooked meal items as takeway. So combine dishes with veg and side items you prepare in the Villa. That way you will get at less effort/lower price a great meal( bigger/better than in Restauarnt ) to eat in the comfort of your villa.

Buy in uk cheap rubber/plastic bathing/swim shoes for your party. That coastal section Son Bou-Santo Tomas can often have ridged rocks under the sand which can nick unsuspecting feet,which with salt water can 'annoy'. During winters the rocks get covered with sand so the sandy bottom gives you a false picture. Definiately the case in Son Bou but have not been on beach in Santo Tomas for years MenReg comment?

PS Menreg meant SPAR above

Edited: 08 February 2011, 10:13
Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Minorca
Level Contributor
626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Hi,

I´ve been in this villa (not to stay in it mind you), and from what I can tell the pictures are pretty accurate. It´s defo got some new furniture in it too, which is a bonus.

The Villas Plus staff that I know are really nice, and should you have any problems while you are on the island, I am sure they will do their best to help you. (and I work for a rival villa company on the island so I could be slagging them off!).

Santo Tomas is a nice little resort, quiet and family friendly. The villa is located over the road from a large hotel, but from what I can tell menorcareg is spot on, you shouldn´t have too much noise apart from a bit of beach and coach transfer traffic.

Hope this helps,

Raff

Norwich, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Stop worrying Villa Plus are such a well organised company. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I have stayed in ST many time and they are by far the best company I have used. The villas are not plush. They are spotlessly clean, well presented and make you feel as though you can use them without worrying if you can touch things. Just feel homely really. They have thought of every thing you could need for you stay. Their rep works so hard and they villas are actually owned by the owners of the Santa Thomas Hotel and the Mestral and lleberg so they are on hand too. In fact if you look at their website you will get more photos - www.sethotels.com

Santo Tomas such a lovely resort. Very peaceful with just enough restaurants to keep you fed. Evening based around these with some evening entertainment.

The two food shops are expensive but if you hire a car it is much cheaper in Mijgorn Gran. It is easy to drive around or catch the bus.

The beach varies from year to year depending on the winter weather shifting the sand but it is a lovely beach.

Norwich, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Plus and Villa Gabriella in Santo Thomas Menorca

Stop worrying Villa Plus are such a well organised company. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I have stayed in ST many time and they are by far the best company I have used. The villas are not plush. They are spotlessly clean, well presented and make you feel as though you can use them without worrying if you can touch things. Just feel homely really. They have thought of every thing you could need for you stay. Their rep works so hard and they villas are actually owned by the owners of the Santa Thomas Hotel and the Mestral and lleberg so they are on hand too. In fact if you look at their website you will get more photos - www.sethotels.com

Santo Tomas such a lovely resort. Very peaceful with just enough restaurants to keep you fed. Evening based around these with some evening entertainment.

The two food shops are expensive but if you hire a car it is much cheaper in Mijgorn Gran. It is easy to drive around or catch the bus.

The beach varies from year to year depending on the winter weather shifting the sand but it is a lovely beach.