We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

I am currently staying in these apartments for the first time since they have been refurb'd (having stayed there many times over the past decade). I am very impressed with the standard of the refurb especially as the two bedroomed apartments now have an ensuite bathroom ( with hairdryer) as well as a swish shower room. The furnishings are comfortable and modern and the mattresses very comfy.TV reception is much improved if that is important to you ( flat screen tvs in sitting room and main bedroom) and the usual small electrical equipment ( kettle, microwave, toaster, iron etc.) are still supplied even though a lot of people seem to now be on an All Incl tarif.

The following info may be helpful to anyone staying there shortly

.1) Wifi charges are 15€ per week, 5€ per day ( NB this is per laptop etc. not per apartment) and the coverage is acceptible

2) If you have booked to self cater, the charge to go onto half board or All Incl currently being offered by reception staff (min sign up is for 6 days) is 26/33€ per adult respectively per day with 1st child free & subsequent children 50% of the adult rate

3) The All Incl meal times are :- breakfast 8-10 am, snacks 11-12.30 & 4-6.30pm, lunch buffet 1-3pm and dinner 7-9pm. Everything except snacks is served in Las Dunas across the road from the apartment complex

4) The doctor located in the resort is a private one but the chemist is very helpful for small things. The clinics where you can get free treatment if you have your UK EHI cards are some distance away in Alaior, Ciutadella and Mahon - reception staff or the reps should be able to tell you where these are and help order a taxi if required.

There are TUI /First Choice reps based in the complex. Not having young children needing to be entertained I cannot comment on how good the reps are in that dept, however I have to say that personally I found the " Welcome Meeting" to be THE most amateur and poorly prepared info chat that I have sat through for many years (having gone purely to see if they were giving out advice about the Mahon Fiesta this weekend) - there was no info about local bus services, taxis, general resort facilities or anything about the island generally, and even the fact that there was a free Tuesday evening bus service running to nearby Es Migjorn's weekly evening market ( runs from July through to mid September) failed to be mentioned despite this possibly being of interest to guests. In fact, the prime focus of the meeting was what they were doing in the kids club ( necessary I know, but not the be all and end all of everyones holiday) and even the info touched on about the range of excursions available should guests want them was very halfhearted.

Luckily the staff in reception at M&L are very helpful and I recommend anyone who has any problem with the accomodation or indeed other things to go direct to them initally rather than wait around to try and find a rep. although you should obviously let the reps know about any unresolved problems .

York
Level Contributor
431 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Excellent update MenReg.

I can vouch for the Medical Centre in Mahon after visiting this year! Excellent staff and very thorough. If you have to go make sure you take, EH1's plus passports. If it is for a child you will need passports for the child concerned plus one of the adults.

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Thank you for the update. Are you able to give me any info on laundry facilities at Mestral & Llebeig or in Santo Tomas please. We are going to be there from 30th Sept - 11th Oct. Thank you.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Just back from Santo Tomas after a very relaxing time at Mestral & Llebeig apartments. There is no on site laundrette but there is a laundry service available through reception if you ask. The apartments all have a balcony with a clothes airer, an iron and ironing board so you can always hand wash bits and bobs if you need to but if you want to do a full load yourself then the only laundry facilities in resort that I am aware of are at the Sol Menorca and Victoria Playa hotels - see the Top Question on this over on the righthand side of this page

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Just to add to my previous posts, when I left the resort yeaterday the resort is already getting very quiet. Both the Hotel Lord Nelson and the Veraclub ( both attract European guests rather than british) are closing up for the winter already so guest numbers using restaurant etc. will fall accordingly.

This season the nicest meals we had in the resort were in Ca'n Berto which had lots of customers including a good mix of tourists and locals. Es Pins and Malibou were all reasonably busy considering the time of year and Es Bruc always has its following but we had one meal at Don Tomas which was extremely disappointing because half the dishes we selected from the menu were unavailable and although only 4 tables were occupied whilst we were there, the service was inattentive and very slow (to the point where it took us over 10 mins to attract the waitress in order to ask for the bill).

Holmes Chapel...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Hi, we are thinking of those appts (on 1st choice all inc)

My big question is what is the food like?

By the way, we have never gone all inclusive before either, so I won't know what to compare it to.

many thanks

Ian

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

Sorry can't help with that one Ian because I don't go All Incl as I prefer the freedom of self catering. This year people who booked M&L on a self catering basis ( via Thomson) were offered a deal to upgrade to all incl or half board when they arrived ( see info in my original post) which I think others were saying worked out cheaper than booking All Incl to start with.

Why not send a private message to some of the people who have submitted reviews this year ( see tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g659667-d1141… ) and ask for frank opinions about what the food was like?

Edited: 16 September 2013, 22:33
7. Re: Info about Mestral & Llebeig apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Santo Tomas