We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Mestral & Lleibeg Apartments

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Mestral & Lleibeg Apartments

Hi there,

Can anyone advise me on parking facilities available at the Mestral & Lleibeg apartments in Santo Tomas? I'd like to hire a car for the duration of the trip but need to know I'll be able to park onsite or very close by?

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Mestral & Lleibeg Apartments

When are you going to be there ?

Except in really high season there is always plenty of unrestricted parking in all the surrounding roads. When I stay there I am always able to find a space close to the apartment but there are also three (free) car parks a short distance away if you are really unlucky and cannot find any on the street - the closest two are behind the shopping parade by the Victoria Playa and behind the Hamilton Court Apartment complex and there is another beside the shopping parade midway along the resort.

If you haven't already done it please check out the Top Question section of the main island forum page about car hire before booking anything. There are plenty of small local firms you can book direct offering no deposit/ no cancellation fee everything included car hire in Menorca - the only problem is that they tend not to deliver to resorts that they do not have a nearby office in during high season. If you change your mind and decide not to hire for the full duration, you may find 3 for 2 , 5 for 3 etc. deals available in the resort. In 2013 the Tui team at Mestral & Leibeg were arranging car hire through the local Owners Cars office for clients but Owners' fuel policy is rather onerous ( see http://www.ownerscars.com/en/conditions/ ) for hires of over 4 days so I recommend that people pop over to the office ( just across the road from the apartments) and ask what the guy there can do for them direct because sometimes he waives the full to empty rule if he is busy (because he is there on his own and as there is no petrol station nearby it is sometimes easier to just tell you to bring the car back with the same amount of petrol as was in it when you picked it up).

If you are going with First Choice/ Thomson you will probably be offered free airport transfers as part of the package. If so it is OK to take them up when you book because having that as a back up option gives you more time to decide about car hire and if you do get a car from the airport all you need to do is tell the airport reps that you are travelling to the resort independently so they do not keep the coach hanging around.

Usually in July and August there is a Tuesday evening street market and entertainment in the nearby town of Es Migorn with free transport laid on from the resort - if it runs in 2014 you will find info leaflets in all the shops

Worcester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Mestral & Lleibeg Apartments

There is ample parking to the side, front & rear of Mestrel & LLeberg

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Mestral & Lleibeg Apartments

Ava has not unfortunately come back and told us WHEN she is visiting the resort but as I said in post 1 " Except in really high season there is always plenty of unrestricted parking in all the surrounding roads" and even though there is no "private" parking at these apartments you are extremely unlucky to not find an on road space relatively close to the apartments even in the busier times.

P.S. The parking beside the Hamilton Court apartments opposite the Llebeig side of the complex is private and for their guests only

Edited: 24 April 2014, 15:09
4. Re: Parking at Mestral & Lleibeg Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Santo Tomas