We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Playa

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Playa

Just returned and will do a review soon. If anyone has any questions about hotel or area please ask away.

Manchester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Playa

Do you know if they provide bedding for cots?

rothwell
Level Contributor
89 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Playa

when we were last there yes they did jen

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Playa

As I had no children with me I do not know but would expect the answer to be as happyholiday says,

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria Playa

Hi. What is the transfer time the Thomson brochure says 90mins but it doesn't look that far on a map

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria Playa

Wow - that must be allowing for the coach taking you via Son Bou en route because the actual drive in a hire car or taxi is only about 30 mins ( see route finder info on tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k70… ).

I think the reason they say 90 mins must be because they plan on using one bus for two resort areas as even allowing for the hanging around in the coach park at the airport It would be much less than 90 mins if they didn't drop off in Son Bou first

By the way - it may get 4Ts in the Thomson brochure but you need to be aware that the Hotel Victoria Playa definitely does NOT have an official four star rating ( it's only a 3 star hotel ) - it must get the 4T's from the fact that it is very much a family All Incl place favoured by people with small children who are rating the overall experience not the hotel accomodation. A lot of reviews mention thin walls and "family" noise in the corridors at night and I know that the rooms there are quite small. For a nice 4* hotel in Santo Tomas, you need to look at the Sol Beach House (which has very quiet public areas with good quality rooms and is strictly adults only) or the Hotel Santo Tomas ( the nicest and most expensive hotel in the resort), the Lord Nelson may be OK too but I have not been in there in recent years

Edited: 19 September 2014, 20:02
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria Playa

Hi. Thanks for info. We have a 3 yr old and this hotel looks perfect for us for a cheap week away just didn't fancy being stuck on a coach for 99mins

Thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria Playa

We went straight to Santo Thomas as there are 3 properties and tha bus was full which took no more than 40 mins. Your 3 year old will love the place.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,059 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Victoria Playa

I also didn't believe the 90 mins thing Ashtonian !! but it is there in black and white in the Thomson brochure so maybe they are playing safe and protecting them selves from the possibility of complaints if the coach does go via Son Bou LOL.

TBH I always find that package airport transfers are the luck of the draw. Before we gave up using them in Menorca (we make our own way in a hire car) we experienced both ends of the spectrum from the over the hour "scenic"route which took us via every drop off point possible in Son Bou before heading of down to Santo Tomas, to what was effectively a 1/2 hour direct private transfer when the 3 of us had a minibus to ourselves !

The 90 mins currently being shown by Thomson to get to the VP has got to be a misprint because the transfer time that both Thomson & First Choice give for the Mestral & Llebeig apartments (literally 5 mins walk from the Victoria Playa) is only 40 mins plus Thomson is only quoting around 60 mins for the holiday village in Cala N'Bosch (about as far away from the airport that you can get) so 90 mins to the VP is very odd

Edited: 20 September 2014, 09:59
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Victoria Playa

I think that these days both Thomson and Thomas Cook try to put as many drops on to one bus as possible and by stating in the brochure the maximum time are covered against complaints. What they do not realise is that some people may be deterred from going to a particular resort when they see that time.

I have been eighth drop twice with Thomas Cook on other islands which is not a good start to your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Victoria Playa

I agree I think they are obliged to state the worst case senario , just incase customers complain if it takes longer than stated. When you think that in a car it take about 60 mins to get from one end of the island to the other, you would have to be pretty unlucky for it to take 90 mins to Santo Tomas.