We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for itinerary

Pune, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help for itinerary

Hello Friends,

I am planning trip with my family. Please advice itinerary starting from NEW JALPAIGURI. We want to cover:

Gangtok

Darjeeling

Thimpu

Pelling

Other places??

Total 7 days. We would like to hire taxi.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Mridu

Siliguri, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for itinerary

Hi Mridu,

Came across your post today. Dunno whether you still require it or not. Still here are some points for you.

1. You can either cover Darjeeling and Sikkim(Gangtok, Pelling,Lachung) or Darjeeling and Bhutan(Thimpu, Paro, Pheulsoling) in 7 days as bhutan tour itself takes around 5 to 6 days for a well planned tour.

2. For both Bhutan its advisable to opt for a package through a travel agncy since it requires permit and other stuff to be done before you can enter Bhutan. Also Bhutan is quite costly place.

3. For Darjeeling & Sikkim trip, you can start with Gangtok 2 nights, Lachen 2 nights, Pelling 1 night & Darjeeling 1 Night.(7days-6 nights)

This is just a brief idea.

Hope this info will be of help for you and your family. I am a localite in Siliguri and can help you with the tour if you want.

Thanks,

Suman.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for itinerary

Hi Suman,

Thanks a lot for response. I have gone over various post and decided to drop Bhutan. We shall be covering only Darjeeling and Sikkim starting from Darjeeling. I shall be coming with my hubby and kid. Please provide tour details covering all places for 7 days.

Thanks,

Mridu

Pune, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for itinerary

Hi Suman,

Following are the places which I came across over internet. Total 7 days:

Darjeeling

Mirik

Gangtok

Pelling

Yumthang

Lachung

Lachen T

Changu Lake

Please suggest suitable itinary .

Thanks for the help.

Mridu

Edited: 24 November 2013, 11:21
Kochi (Cochin...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for itinerary

HI,

Intend visiting siliguri from 25 apr-05 may ,would it be the right time to visit,could u pls work out an itenary for me with at least two days stay in siliguri,i.e 25-27 apr in siliguri. pls plan the journey in such a way that the distance between two places should not exceed more than a nights travel and at least two days in each of the places.and if u could give out places to visit or links to it,it would help me in planning things.Have always relied on trip advisor. looking forward for another great trip.

regards

guru

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for itinerary

Hi guru

Need some specific pointers from you. which place do you want to visit and why is that u need to stay at siliguri for 2 day. Siliguri has nothing to offer.

6. Re: Help for itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:21