We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to gangtok in end august

Yamunanagar, India
1 post
Save Topic
trip to gangtok in end august

helo,

i am planning a trip with family in end august to darjeeling and gangtok....would it be ideal during that period...25_30 august

Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Yes !Monsson is about be over here and i guess it would be your wonderfull tour

Paljor Lama

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

taniya29_kukr...

You can visit Darjeeling and Gangtok as per your plan. Weather in both the places are good now. Occasional rains are there, which won't affect tourists activity. Road to Tsomgo Lake is closed for the time being.

AshisRoy

Edited: 23 August 2012, 08:34
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Hi, i am planing for a visit to Darjeeling and Gangtok starting from 10th August to 15th August. How will be the weather? will it be dangerous traveling due to landslide? Kindly advise. Also advise places of visit in Darjeeling and Gangtok.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Hi, i am planing for a visit to Darjeeling and Gangtok starting from 10th August to 15th August. How will be the weather? will it be dangerous traveling due to landslide? Kindly advise. Also advise places of visit in Darjeeling and Gangtok.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Undoubtedly both the places will be rainy. Landslides are very common during monsoon. However, you can see Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train, Zoo, HMI, Tea Garden. Peace Pagoda, Ropeway in Darjeeling.

Gangtok S/S : Lingdum Monastery, Rumtek Monastery, Nehru Botanical Garden, Orchid Sanctuary, Enchey Monastery, Ganesh Tok, Ban Jhakri Falls, Ropeway, Namgyal Institute Of Tibetology, Tashi View Point.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 12:08
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

I will be travelling with my wife and son (23 years). Arriving NJP morning of 11th August. Could you guide me to plan my trip Darjeeling and gangtok and back at NJP on 15th evening to catch a night train to Kolkata. Cost of sight seeing in small car, Hotels (Rs/- 1000 to 2000) etc.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Stay 2 nts in Gangtok and 2 nts in Pelling. Do Pelling first, because, Gangtok is closer to NJP than Pelling which would be advantageous when you'll be coming back. Moreover, landslide is a regular feature during monsoon. Gangtok - NJP highway is more safe and if any landslide occurs in this route, BRO will clear that at war footing.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 17:23
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Rambo ...

It is not wise to Visit Darjeeling and Gangtok within your time frame . either stick on Gangtok and Pelling (as Ashisda already advised ) or Stick to Darjeeling with Kurseong .3 nights Darjeeling and 1 nights kurseong.. if gangtok than suggested plan this way...

Day one 11th August - NJP to Pelling. Overnight Pelling.

Day Two -12th August Local sightseeing at Pelling. Must visit Kanchanjunga falls. Overnight Pelling.

Day Three - 13th August Pelling to Gangtok Via Rabangla . Overnight Gangtok .

Day Five - 14th August - Gangtok Local sightseeing. overnight Gangtok .

Day Six - 16th August - Gangtok to NJP via NAMCHI

Hotel cost around Rs 800-1000 - 1200 depending upon your budget (Asked for Off Season Discount ) .

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Kindly plan my trip two days in Gangtok and two days at darjeeling. it will be tough but we would like to complete seeing maximum with travelling in night. We have to arrive at NJP on 15th Aug to catch 20.30 train. Please guide us. I know it will be tough but we want to risk it. Thanks.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip to gangtok in end august

Rambo 657

Day 1 - Arrival at Gangtok and transfer to Hotel. Overnight Gangtok.

Day -2 - Gangtok local sightseeing or Tsongmo lake baba mandir

Day 3 - check out from Gangtok and Transfer to Darjeeling. overnight Darjeeling.

Day -4 - darjeeling local sightseeing

Day 5 - back to NJP via Mirik.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 08:35