We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kanpur, India
9 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Dear Mr. Ashish Roy,

We are a group of college students who are planning to go for a trip to Gangtok and Yumthang valley. Following is the itinerary I could come up with:-

Day 1:NJP-Gangtok.

Day 2:Excursion to Tsomgo lake and Baba Mandir.

Day 3:Gangtok-Lachung.

Day 4:Excursion to Yumthang and then transfer to Gangtok.

Day 5:Local sightseeing in Gangtok.

Day 6:Transfer to NJP Rly. station.

I wanted to know two things:-

1. I was thinking of booking the trip through makemytrip.com but one of us wants to just book hotels and do the rest of the arrangements after reaching there. What would be a better choice keeping in mind both budget and comfort?

2. The estimate I recieved from makemytrip was around 10000/- per person. Is it possible to bring this to around 7000/-? If so, could you suggest some hotels and travel agents for the same?

Regards

Bakul Agarwal

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,042 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Bakul Agarwal

Tsomgo Lake-Nathula and Yumthang trip to be done in package. Otherwise, no need of any help of travel agent in this trip, unless its a big group.

You need to mention number of persons, date of journey to evaluate the cost.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 12:36
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

excursion to yumthang and return on same day is not possible . you have to stay one night at lachung .

Kanpur, India
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

No. of people are 6 (tentative). We will be travelling during third week of july.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,042 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Third week of July is not at all a good time to visit Sikkim.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 02:02
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Bakul Agarwal,

I am agree with Mr. Roy . Due to Monsoon July is not a ideal time to visit sikkim .if you want to visit at july apart from the monsoon factor , 7000-7.5 is ok budget

Edited: 22 May 2013, 02:27
Bangalore...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

A Piece of Advice to All Trip Advisor Forum Members

Trip Advisor is a very helpful site which has guided a lot of travellers in planning be it vacations or business journeys including me. We must be grateful to this website and to all the travellers who have posted reviews and comments on forums.

Being members of this valuable community and website, we must also keep this forum clean. There is something that I would like to bring to everyone's notice. There are a lot of numbers and email addresses being shared on the forum. It would be advisable to not end up calling to those numbers provided on the forum by anyone be it members, senior contributors, even me for that matter (although, I won't do that) or even DESTINATION EXPERTS! I am bringing this up all this based on some personal experience.

I believe in really good and helpful suggestions rather providing numbers and email addresses. Giving names of the hotels to choose and avoid is a good thing because that way, we are sharing our experience and helping other travellers but sharing phone numbers is not a good idea.

Avoid entertaining posters who advise to send emails to or call for more information or even given numbers of different hotels to make bookings. If they have genuine information, then it should just be in the form of text rather than numbers! Since there are a lot of hotels on Trip Advisor, one would never know if they are being lured into a deal or are indirectly a part of a deal.

It's important to trust but it's better to act smart. So my suggestion would be to read everything you want to know about and act on your own than depending on such numbers. Best thing to do would be to GOOGLE the hotel and obtain the contact numbers and email IDs from their website. Most of the hotels have their own website.

Please be careful, plan well and have a great vacation.

Cheers!

Kanpur, India
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

What would then be a good destination in July (we plan to travel during 18-24 july)?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,042 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Bakul_Agarwal

Lansdowne-Kanvashram in Uttarakhand or Leh can be considered for July.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 08:56
Bangalore...
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

@Bakul_Agarwal

Ladakh, Zanskar, Spiti, Lahaul or Kinnaur?

July clearly means entire India will be rain drenched ( except few parts in Himalayas including Ladakh).

You could also try Sahyadris in Maharashtra - the golden triangle of Mumbai - Nasik - Pune.

Coorg is a good place to visit too.

Kanpur, India
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Gangtok and Lachung

Ladakh would be expensive. We are looking to go somewhere with a budget of around 8000/- per person.