We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nathula visit during end of october...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
nathula visit during end of october...

please anyone can reply whether we can get snow during october end as we have already booked rooms at gangtok...can we b able to visit the place at all!!...i will b privileged if Mr. asish roy help me in this regard...thanx...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

Hi Joy

During October end there are chances of getting snow at Nathula or around Tsomgo Lake. Yes you can go to these places in the end of October.

Cheers

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

thanx sanchit...will u please tell what may be the average temp. at nathyua/thongo lake tat time...as i have 2 little daughters...one is just 5 years old...and chance of getting snow there...i mean the chance percentage...50% or more...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

Joy197221

Honestly speaking Chances of Snow at Tsongmo lake 40% and Nathula are 60-70% at the time of October. if weather clear than chances are low. in that region Snow depend on How weather will re act , if weather is foul and temp. falling than that case you can see lot of ice. but in the month of october as weather is very clear normally . so i doubt chances of snow at Tsongmo lake. hope for the best.

4. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 04:05
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

this is not a forum for self advertisement . remove your post .

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

Hi Hemant

Please don't advertise your company over here. Respect the guidelines made by TA.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

I am scheduled to visit Gangtok n Pelling from 11th October to 17th October. I want to go to Nathula Pass also. I have no idea as to from where to go. Please advise.

Further How long does it take to reach Bagdogra airport fro Pelling. As I will be returning via Pelling. Pl inform.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

Which is a better way to reach Nathula Pass? From Gangtok or Pelling.

Pelling to Bagdogra Airport--How much time it takes?

Edited: 02 July 2013, 14:13
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

Simplyvikas ,

You cannot go to Nathula from Pelling. It is nearest to Gangtok. For visit Nathula you have to reach Gangtok and take necessary permission for visit Nathula. For visit Nathula you need a special permission. Remind Nathula is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Maximum tourist Visit Nathula with Tsongmo Lake, Baba Mandir (Popularly Known as Changu Lake) . Local travel agent, tour operator , your hotel owner may arrange your permit for Tsongmo lake and Nathula Pass.. otherwise you can take package tour which local travel and tour operator can arrange. otherwise you can hire your own car and visit Nathula with Tsongmo and Baba Mandir .

Pelling falls under West Sikkim and Gangtok falls under East Sikkim. The road direction is Different. Pelling nearly 135-140 Km from NJP and Gangtok 125 km. Gangtok and Pelling both takes 4-4.5 hours journey from Bagdogra.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 15:00
Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: nathula visit during end of october...

Hi Dipans2008

thanks for a complete reply which clears all my queries.

Was wondering if you/someone could suggest Gud Hotels in the Main Action/ Activity areas of Gangtok n Pelling in the Price range of Rs.4000/- to 5000/- per night. I am a vegetarian and shall be going with wife n daughter. Someone suggested Le Primula in Gangtok and Norbu Gnag Resort in Pelling. I want to be doubly sure before booking> I want value for money> therefore pl help.

regards and thanks