We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kaluk itirinary........

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
kaluk itirinary........

I m staying at kaluk for three days after visiting gangtok nd pelling...it cant b changed now....already booked at ghonday village resort...I have gone through many local S/S information in internet at kaluk...but those r not attracting me....I have heard some names like barsey, uttare, etc..etc... please suggest me whether it will b possible to visit at least one of such spot....if at all worth visiting it from kaluk...will it take a whole day or it is a half day affair......i have no idea about geography of that region....thanx....

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,526 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kaluk itirinary........

Hire a cab from Kaluk and proceed for a day excursion towards Uttarey. Hee Bermiok, lake Chhayatal and Dentam Valley will come en-route. The trip will be enjoyable and feast for eyes.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 16:28
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kaluk itirinary........

joy197221,

probably rain is there ... fog also over there ... BHERSAY IS NOT ADVISABLE RIGHT now . but you can visit uttarey , bermiok , chayatal , dentam valley etc. or in a day visit you can move to "bikasthang " or yoksum ...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kaluk itirinary........

ashisda nd dipans ...thanx a lot to both of u.....are these places be visited from pelling too???....and lastly ashisda...u r providing valuable information but please simultaneously help us to know the approximate cost of such tour...otherwise as i m going for the 1st time there....have no idea about the expenses of that particular rout that u r suggesting.....i have to estimate the total cost as it is exceeding 50000/- for my family of 4....(end of oct. to 1st wk of nov----11 days tour) cant afford more...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kaluk itirinary........

Joy197221,

First of all i give you to cost savings idea-

When you go to Kaluk From Pelling , tell your driver that you want to Visit Singshore bridge , uttrarey , dentam valley sri junga falls than reached kaluk . so talk with the driver and bergain with them ...it will take maximum 2000 for small car .if time permit you can visit hee garden and chayatall. except uttarey all are enroute ..

2 ) second day take rest .. or local walking ...Kaluk to rinchrenpong is 3 km and bermiok is 4 km .. so you can visit by small walking , otherwise take a cab for halfday sightseeing , first cover chayatal , hee garden or uttarey , singshore and afternoon cover poison lake , rabindra smriti bhawan , rinchenpong monastry etc.

3) same day tour to Bhersay will cost 2700-3000 by small car ... take sombaria soren road , the newly road is full of natural beauty ...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kaluk itirinary........

many, many thanx dipans...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kaluk itirinary........

1) dipankarda presently i m consulting the map of sikkim in latest Bhraman....found that ringchengpong nd barmiok r situated on the opposite side of kalul...so if i walk towards ringchengpong then i have to return back to kaluk to go to barmiok....am i correct??

2) bhersay/hillay r renowned for rhododendron sanctuary where trekking is a must...so is it worth visiting those places during 1st week of Nov. when blooming of rhododendrons will not b found.....nd also as my 2 daughters (7.5....nd 5) r too small...they cant trek as such...we have to carry them...which is just impossible....so will it b worth to cancel that particular rout nd walk nearby hill-forests of GVR??

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kaluk itirinary........

Gochela pass ke jaoa posssible?? can one get snow during end of oct.???

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kaluk itirinary........

Joyda ,

your number One point is correct - when you come from Pelling - The route like this - sreejunga falls - dentam valley -hee village - bermiok - kaluk - rinchenpong ..so you are 100% correct .

Now 2nd point - rhododren start blloming from November but better view of rhododren and full fledged rhododren seen can be january to march ...

But if you reach at bhersay if weather clear the spectacular view of kanchanjunga is memorable experience ...probably life time ...I suggest every one to stay at least one night over there . every year janauary and march i am going over there with my friends and some bird watcher ...

Now the trek route is normal - I called it a honeymoon trek , a 3 years old baby can do the trek , a 70 years old can do the trek . actually the road goes inside the rhododrendon forest .. road is normal there is no stiff ness and apart from this you get porter at hiley get (i don't think its necessary) who can carry your daughter in their shoulder .. probably they take rs 300-500. i am sure your daughter enjoy the trek better than you ..just give a stick to them for support when walking ..

Now question - It is full day journey and from Kaluk to hiley it will take at least 3 hours . up down 6 hours . hiley to bhersay 4 km. the trek will take up down at least 4-4.5 hours ...

iso whole day smashed. i suggest you - please take a seperate program for bhersay in your next trip . 3 night 4 day or 4 night 5 days will sufficient for the trip from njp to njp .

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kaluk itirinary........

ok thikache....barsey......will b next time....as u have suggested....

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,526 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kaluk itirinary........

joy197221

Neither Barsey nor Goechala is recommended with kids of 7 & 5 yrs. Don't go for such adventure, it might cause stress unnecessarily, Make it a pleasure trip.

Edited: 08 September 2013, 07:06