We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help

I am planning to visit Gangtok in November, from Nov 24th. Can I simply go to Gangtok and book cabs to visit other places from there or should I opt for a package. please suggest

More details: We are 2 (My wife and I)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help

Hi mrram1207,

November last week is off season in Sikkim and Gangtok. So in my opinion there is no need to book beforehand. You can book the hotels, cabs or packages after going there. In this way, you can check the hotel rooms, cab condition etc. Also, the bargain will be better after going there as it is not a peak season.

Himadri.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help

Don't bother booking a package for travel during off-season. And bargain for best rates at hotel and car before you go there. That will save you a lot of trouble and you can also get a cab to pick you up at the airport or the train station (its a long drive)

Sree

OpenWinds | www.openwinds.com

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help

himadri perfectly advised .. just book hotel cause this time last week of November there is pressure. don't book cab ...cab and other sightseeing places book after reaching gangtok . on spot

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,666 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help

mrram1207

Nov end is off season. Hotel can be chosen on spot. Ample of cabs available for sightseeing and transfer.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 03:52
Hyderabad, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help

Thanks a lot everyone..!!! ohh, I didnt know that it is off season. Can you please tell me any good places to visit around gangtok at this time. How about lake tsomgo?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,666 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help

Yes, Tsomgo Lake can be visited. There will be snow arond the lake area in November.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 05:27
Hyderabad, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help

Thanks AshisRoy..!!! :)

8. Re: Need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21