We are planning our maiden trip to Gangtok, tomorrow. Yeah, its very impulsive planning, which is why I am here to ask a few questions from the experts
1. Everywhere we are hearing that roads are pretty bad in Sikkim. Will it be very uncomfy for a person with a bad back problem?
2. Because of these bad roads, should we add Ranka monastery in our itinerary ? Pls suggest inclusions and exclusions? what are the 'essential' places which we must not miss?
3. Are their precautionary medicines for altitude sickness?
4. Our plan is to land in Bagdodra on 2nd Oct, travel to Gangtok and stay there for 3 days and from there reach Darjeeling on 4th Oct and return on 7th Oct? Is this ok, should we add reduce one day from Gangtok and add it to Darjeeling instead?
6. If we do add, shud we stay there, or is it manageable if we continue to stay in Gangtok?
8. What are the average charges for taxi from Bagdodra airport to Gangtok, from Gangtok to Darjeeling and full day rent of a taxi to see Gangtok sights? How easy it is to get the latter? Any suggestions or tips?
9. We haven't yet made our hotel bookings, so are there any suggestions for 3 or 4 star hotel in Gangtok and Darjeeling? We generally make our hotel bookings based on Tripadvisor ratings only.
Thanks a lot,