We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sikkim to bhutan

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sikkim to bhutan

Hi..i am supposed to make a trip mid december by road after a sikkim tour..can any1 give appropriate info regarding PROCESS,MUST DO'S,HOW AND FROM WHERE TO GET A CAB,PREPARATIONS PRIOR TO JOURNEY ETC..as im unable to gather complete info.. Thanx in antecipation..

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sikkim to bhutan

And what would be hotel charges in thimpu?? In rupees??

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sikkim to bhutan

Hi Mrajat1926,

Phuintsholing is the gateway to Bhutan. It is a small but beautiful border town in Bhutan from where you must aquire the permit to visit Thimpu and Paro.

You can hire a taxi from Siliguri/NJP up to Phuintsholing because if you are traveling from Sikkim by road, you have to go via Siliguri/NJP.

When you reach P/sholing, leave the car, get the permission and take a car from P/sholing taxi stand near the immigration building. You can book the car for your whole trip or just pay him to drop you at Thimpu. If you want to visit places other than Thimpu and Paro, you have to aquire permission again from office at Thimpu.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sikkim to bhutan

Forgot to mention the hotel tariff. You can get good hotels within Rs 2000 - 2500 in Thimpu. You can get budget accomodation within Rs 1,500 range.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sikkim to bhutan

Thanx abhijit..thats really helpful..is december a nice time to visit?? And if language a concern there?i specially want to stay at paro.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 16:50
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sikkim to bhutan

Hi Mrajat1926,

December is a very nice time to visit Bhutan. The country is a God's gift and they maintain it in the best way. Language wouldn't be a problem there. A driver can speak English too. Some of them know Hindi also. Majority of the traffic to Bhutan is from abroad and the rest are Bengalis from Bengal. People there are very friendly like what you get to see in Sikkim.

Regards,

Abhijit

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: sikkim to bhutan

Thanx abhijit..

And would I have to carry cash or our sbi atm will work ther??

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
444 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sikkim to bhutan

I always suggest carrying cash with you. The country is fully secured, do not worry.

Regards,

Abhijit

www.traveldias.com

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: sikkim to bhutan

It will really prove very helpfull abhijit..thanks a lot..:)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sikkim to bhutan

I plan to visit Bhutan after my trip to North Sikkim. Are foreigners allowed to enter Bhutan without booking a travel agency? I plan to enter Bhutan through NJP? Please advise.

10. Re: sikkim to bhutan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16