We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
247 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to Gangtok around 3rd week of July for 4N/5D with my parents. I know the season is kinda rainy and stuff, but what would be a great itinerary? We could hire our own vehicle.

Please suggest only motorable places as my parents will not be able to walk too much.

Wish to stay in Gangtok for all the 4 nights and do the trips daily from there on.

Much appreciated,

Cheers!

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
11,356 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

Hi

You may plan as

Day 1 Bagdogra to Gangtok,evening at MG Marg

Day 2 Sight seeing around Gangtok

Day 3 Tsongo lake and baba mandir

Dat 4 Trip to Namchi

Day 5 trip to rumtek monastery and then transfer to Bagdogra

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

July end will be peak of monsoon, since this zone is landslide prone, tourist should avoid Sikkim in July-August.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 03:03
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

Hi Ashish,

Thanks!! I wish I had some other time to visit!! Unfortunately I'm in India only that time...so guess will have to take a risk. But, is it motorable still?

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
11,356 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

Our 1st trip to gangtok was in july month.Except tsongo lake baba mandir,we were able to enjoy every other attraction.After spending 3 days in gangtok we shifted to darjeeling.You can do the same.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

Hi Riz,

Try visiting Meghalaya in northeast India instead, the best monsoon destination in the country and the wettest region on earth. You wouldn't be able to see the distant Himalayas in cloudy weather conditions, nor be able to visit places in Sikkim.

6. Re: Planning a 4N/5D trip to Gangtok with Folks | Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:16