We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sikkim tour

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bhagalpur, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Sikkim tour

Dear Sir,

Myself Aftab Alam from Bhagalpur, Bihar. We are planning for north sikkim tour, we are 4 adults and 5 kids. kids details are 4 yrs, 5yrs, 10 yrs and 12 yrs so plz let me know the cost if we cover nathula pass, tsomgo lake and 1 more sight which is close to them. How many days require to cover these 3 places and also suggest me cheapest accomodation. In case if the route close due to bad weather then what are the other relevant places to visit.

Let me know the about West Sikkim also.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sikkim tour

Hi

1st of all i would like to clearify that nathula tsongo lake are not in north sikkim.They are in east sikkim and its takes apx 8 hr to cover these place from gangtok.If intrested in north sikkim then its a 3day 2 night tour staring and ending at gangtok.Lachung and lachen are two hamlets where you can do night halt.West sikkim is the region in sikkim nearest to kamchenjanga and have some spectacular view of it.Pelling is the main attraction in west sikkim.

Thanx

Bhagalpur, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sikkim tour

Thanks for instant reply. North Sikkim is better or east sikkim and how many days it will take to cover if I visit Nathula, tsongo and one more places.

Bhagalpur, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sikkim tour

Please let me know which direction of sikkim will be most thrill as well as would like to know time duration and expenditure. Planning to visit in the month of june or july. 4 adults and 4 kids

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sikkim tour

June last and july is not suggested for sikkim due to rainy season.Roads can be blocked any time due to rains and land slide.If visiting in may you should go north sikkim too.It will be a 2 n 3 d package tour from gangtok.How many days you are planning for.Depending on that we can suggest you tentative plan.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sikkim tour

June-July is not an ideal time to visit SIkkim during the monsoons, there are heavy rainfall and possibility of landslides. It is the off season for tourists as you also wouldn't be able to see the distant HImalayas in cloudy conditions

6. Re: Sikkim tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16