We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

My friend and I have our tickets booked to Gangtok for may first week. I have looked at the standard tour packages (get to hotel on Day 1, local sightseeing on Day 2 and Nathula on Day 3, leave for IXB on Day 4) and they all seem to be similar in schedule and cost. So, should I book them in advance or would it be okay to book it through the hotel after we get there?

Also, any group tour operators you would recommend?

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

Also, are there any short day-treks that will be possible during that time? I would prefer an adventurous trip rather than just sightseeing.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

you need not book a tour operator for just two travelers. you'd get hotels and jeeps for hire upon arrival.

Since you do not have much time, it's not possible for any trek. Ideally, trekking is better in west Sikkim (near Pelling) than Gangtok, but 3days aren't sufficient.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

Hi

As you are just 2 pax ,no neef to book package.You can choose your hotel and do the car booking on the spot.You have only 2 full days in gangtok so wont get time for trekking.Keep in mind that nathula remains close on monday and tuesday.

Thanx

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

Oh, good to know. Thanks!

5. Re: Gangtok from May 1 to 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:17