We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sikkim tour

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belgaum, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sikkim tour

Today is 8th and we are in gangtok, planning to visit nathula pass tomorrow, any body can please tell me the roads are open today ? Thanks in advance

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,380 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sikkim tour

Nathula pass is accessible now. But since today is Tuesday, its closed.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 04:16
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sikkim tour

Dear Ashis Da,

Your early responses have helped me a lot in freezing the iteanary and hotels. Would appreciate if you can guide me on the below as well.

I am travelling as a couple in April mid and looking to travel north sikkim on sharing basis as the reserve tour package is very expensive but I have been informed that travelling on sharing basis to North sikkim as a couple may be risky as generally sharing cabs has bachelors who drinks.

Please guide me as to the facts and let me know what should be the correct thing to do.

Thanks in advance.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,380 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sikkim tour

Yes, you should share the vehicle only with other family, not with any group where gents member are in majority. Make it clear with the operator before the booking.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 07:46
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sikkim tour

Does the tour operator consider this request and if you are aware of any such operator who provides the package on sharing basis and consider this challenge, please let me know.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,380 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sikkim tour

Generally, they arrange family and gents group separately.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 08:24
New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sikkim tour

we want to go club mahindra resorts in sikkim and we are fro delhi .can you tell us a suitable trip and places to visit there

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sikkim tour

i am to go to club mahindra resort in gangtok and baigney. can to tell the best way to travel from delhi and also the places to visit there nearby.

Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sikkim tour

Hello Ashis,

I am visiting Gangtok and North Sikkim in the Second week of May 14. Can you please suggest if 3N/4D

or 2N/3D is the better option for North Sikkim ? Also after visiting North Sikkim, do you think, visting Tsomgo

lake is really worth ? Please advise.

Shrini

kolkata
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sikkim tour

Dear Ashis

Need some advice on our June trip to Sikkim. Two families with two teenage children and one 5 yr old kid. Arriving NJP on 9 June. Travel to Kaluk. Accom at Ghonday Village Resort. Sightseeing. Depart for Gangtok on 11 June. Accom at Sonam Delek or Himalayan Retreat. Sightseeing. Depart for NJP and Kolkata 13 June.

A few few questions:

Are the accommodations chosen good for family stay?

Dont want to hire taxis from point to point. How do we organise ONE vehicle for the whole trip?

What would be the hiring rate? per hour/per km

Thank you for your advice

Mitalee Chatterjee

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
35,380 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sikkim tour

Shrini30

Definitely 3N/4D is much comfortable for North Sikkim. Though 90% of the N/Sikkim trip planned for 2N/3D, mainly for cost saving, but it is tiring.

Tsomgo Lake can be skipped when you are planning for N/Sikkim.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 16:50