We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gangtok trip in August

Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gangtok trip in August

I have a plan in mind to go to Gangtok or manali in August 10-15th. Plz suggest which one is much suitable place at that time. Will rain may affect? Trip is for honeymoon purpose.

Save Reply
1. Re: Gangtok trip in August

What is the best time of the year to visit sikkim

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Hi

Best time to visit sikkim is april/may and october/november.But you can visit it in other time also.

Thanx

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Hotel Pratigya Residency Gangtok is the best budget hotel located just beside M G Marg Gangtok opp Sadar. One of the best standard class hotel with all facilities family environment. Total having 22 Deluxe Double bed room Four Bed room and Suit Rooms. Restaurent Travel desk and provides comfortable and affordable stay in the economy class.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Hi Arnab B

it would be heavy rainy in aug. But if u still want to go the following itenary i can suggest

10 - NJP to Gangtok.

11 - Gangtok local s/s

12 - tsongmo lake and baba mandir

13 - Gangtok to drap via ravangla

14 - peling local s/s

15 - drap to NJP

Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Thanks arijit.

Hope rain will not spoil the tour. We can enjoy some rain. Will Nathula be possible somehow?

Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Thanks arijit.

Hope rain will not spoil the tour. We can enjoy some rain. Will Nathula be possible somehow?

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Hi Arnab B

Beauty of nathula is during winter itself when the gates and the surrounding is fully covered with snow. In Aug the area is prone to landslides; so it is difficult to say at this point of time.

Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gangtok trip in August

I shall reach NJP on 8th August with my wife. Want to go Gangtok and Darjeeling. Return date is on 13th from NJP. Please suggest me the itinerary as it will be monsoon season.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Hi

You may plan as

8th NJP to Gangtok,Evening at MG Marg

9th Gangtok local sight seeing

10th Nathula,Tsongo lake and baba mandir

11th Early morning gangtok to darjeeling via mirik

12th early morning tiger hill(if weather is clear), aftet breakfast darjeeling sight seeing,

13th toy train joy ride (if got time) then transfer to NJP

If reach gangtok before 10/11 am then you can do local sight seeing same day and use spare day for namchi.

Thanx

Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gangtok trip in August

Thanks a lot Rapat..

I am planning as this. But i'll reach NJP on 8th around 1.30pm. How much time to reach gang tok frm there? Again I booked afternoon joy toytain ride on 12th afternoon. Plz suggest what to do 1st half of the same day?

Regards