We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip to gangtok (4D/3N)

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short trip to gangtok (4D/3N)

I want to travel (along with my wife) gangtok in early december or late november. I would be a first time traveller who dont know much about gangtok. Would like your reply / suggestions on pointa below:

1) Im open for any dates in november or december. Would like your advise on which period to choose. Early december or mid november?

2) planning for local sight seeing in gangtok plus nathula; chango lake & baba mandir. Should I add more places on my list keeping in mind that I want all my overnight stays at the same place.

3) what major points should I keep in mind for this vist (specific to this location)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Manoj Garg

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
11,353 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip to gangtok (4D/3N)

Hello Sir

November is good time to visit gangtok.3 full day excluding to and from NJP/Bangogra is sufficient for Gangtok. Namchi can be done in a day trip.You may plan as

Day 1 NJP to Gangtok,Evening at MG Marg

Day 2 Nathula,Tsongo lake and Baba mandir

Day 3 Gangtok city tour including Rumtek

Day 4 Return to NJP

NJP/Bagdogra to gangtok and return is 4 to 5 hr.Cab is the best mode of travel.There are many hotels in and around MG Road,Tibbet Road and development area.For nathula civilians need permit and i am not sure about defence personal.Nathula remains closed on monday and tuesday so plan accordingly.If you reach NJP in early morning and reach gangtok before 12,then you can do gangtok tour same day.Namchi is other place where you can do day visit.

Thanx

New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip to gangtok (4D/3N)

Thanks for your inputs. Any suggestions on mid-range hotels would also help.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short trip to gangtok (4D/3N)

getgarg

First half of November is better for visiting Nathula Pass and Tsomgo Lake. Snowfall starts after mid November, the road may get inaccessible if snowfall is heavy. None of these places has overnight stay facility.

2 passport photos and photo ID (except PAN / Adhaar Card) of each member will be needed for permit to Nathula-Tsomgo.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 13:00
4. Re: Short trip to gangtok (4D/3N)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:16