We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

Which Gangtok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Topic
Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

Hi Ashis,

Need your opinions/feedback.

Planning for a trip to north Sikkim along with Gangtok in October this year (during the Diwali holidays -- need to understand if this is good time to visit Sikkim) along with my wife.

Itinerary as follows

21/10/2014 -- Kolkata - NJP

22/10/2014 -- NJP - Gangtok

23/10/2014 -- Gangtok - Lachen

24/10/2014 -- Lachen - Gurudongmar Lake - Lachung

25/10/2014 -- Lachung - Yumthang - Gangtok

26/10/2014 -- Gangtok - NJP - Kolkata

27/10/2014 -- Kolkata - back to our busy schedule (hopefully recharged)

Do you think the above itinerary holds good ? specifically the items on 24th and 25th? would this be too hectic. If required we can skip Yumthang for the time being, but still would like to understand your point of view.

Also to book the cabs for Gangtok to Lachen - Gurudongmar Lake - Lachung - Gangtok, do we have any online facilities. Or is it alright to book the same post reaching Gangtok.

Awaiting yours and other members feedback on the above.

Thanks

Amit

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,380 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

Its a typical North Sikkim itinerary followed by 90% tour operators. Though it is hectic. On an average 6hrs road travel per day will be there, on a not-so-good hilly terrain.

Edited: 21 August 2014, 16:39
Gangtok, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

It'll be hectic;but like Ashis said..its the typical North Sikkim itinerary. You need to prebook the package coz Diwali will be peak season and costs will hit the roof..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

@ Ashis da, Karmasikkim,

Thanks for your responses. I too believe that the trip would be hectic. Thinking of dropping Lachung - Yumthang for the first trip. Would cover it later may be in April - May when the orchids bloom ?

@ Karmasikkim : Just out of curiosity from where do one pre book packages ...are there any online options or any contact number. If you could guide us @amit.datta@outlook.com it would be helpful.

thanks

Amit

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

@ Ashis da, Karmasikkim,

Thanks for your responses. I too believe that the trip would be hectic. Thinking of dropping Lachung - Yumthang for the first trip. Would cover it later may be in April - May when the orchids bloom ?

@ Karmasikkim : Just out of curiosity from where do one pre book packages ...are there any online options or any contact number. If you could guide us @amit.datta@outlook.com it would be helpful.

thanks

Amit

Gangtok, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

@amit

Sorry,I dont write in to personal email id's . All my suggestions will be listed on the forum itself . I dont have info abt online travel bookings. However,you could try Mr Tenzing @ 9800294950.

6. Re: Diwali 2014 Oct 22 to Oct 26 - Plan for North Sikkim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:16