We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

Background: We are thee me, my wife and son who is just 1 year now.

We want to plan a trip to Gangtok or Pelling from 22nd Jan 2015 departure from Kolkata and return to kolkata on 27th morning.

Please advise:

Q1: Which city Gangtok / Pelling, we should plan?

Q2: If weather at that time will be pleasant for my little champ?

Q3: Should I plan both the cities in such a short notice?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

I think 4 day is very short for gangtok & pelling. Pelling is a town in the district of West Sikkim, The Kanchenjanga may be viewed at close from Pelling. I think gangtok will be better. Me & my wife went pelling previous year, mid of Jan. It is very very cold in Jan, but tolerable. Gangtok & pelling possible within 4 days but journey will be very tough.

Sikkim, India
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

you can visit both gangtok 3 nights and pelling 2 nights....what are your arrival and departure timings @siliguri..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

Ok, then if I plan only Gangtok than Jan 23 to Jan 26 will be right temperature to go with 1 year old kid??

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

Ok, then if I plan only Gangtok than Jan 23 to Jan 26 will be right temperature to go with 1 year old kid??

Sikkim, India
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

you can definately visit with your 1 yr old kid..cant say anything as of now for the weather at that time..enquire about all this after mid december and we can tell how good/bad the weather is..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

Yes you can visit with your kid. Dont worry. In january you will see lots of travellers form kolkata..

Edited: 02 September 2014, 05:10
Gangtok, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

With the limited time in hand,opt for either one place.Go to Pelling if you like nature,peace,quiet environment. But pls remember Pelling will be almost deserted in January.

Go Gangtok if you want a leisure trip with bits of local sightseeing,and to experience the city life of the hills.

Weather wise your kid shouldn't have problem adapting.Do get adequate woollen clothing to beat the chill.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

We are planning a trip to Sikkim(Gangtok/Baiguney) during the second week of Jan 2015. How will be the weather there in Jan? Pls advise..

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar
Level Contributor
12,758 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

Hi

January would be cold but most likely sky would be clear.

Thanx

10. Re: Seeking advise to finalize a trip to SIkkim in January 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 18:32