We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hvar in August

cambridge
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hvar in August

I am travelling from Split to Dubrovnik in August with my husband and we would like to spend a few nights in Hvar. After researching Hvar I am just a bit worried that it is going to be totally packed with people and lots of clubbing!! I don't want to sound boring - we like a place with plenty of bars and restauants but like a more chilled out feel! I don't want to feel like I am in a big Greek resort! Would anyone recommend one of the other towns or does anyone know of a good hotel in a quiter area of Hvar? Or am I being unfair to Hvar town?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hvar in August

Like most of places in Croatia during the August, Hvar will be crowded, but there is no lot's of "clubbing" like in Ibiza or Zrce (island of Pag). There are afterbeach parties, but you can avoid it. Usually and especially during the day it is very peaceful and you can enjoy your coffee in any bar; in the evening, you can choose bar Loco (jazz music), have a dinner in tavern Menego and take a walk enjoing the beauty of the town.

Edited: 30 May 2011, 18:25
Hvar
Level Contributor
118 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hvar in August

Hello ,

Hvar in August is crowded and the city center is not so quiet .

Hotels are most in the city center.

May be You would prefer some private accommodation in some neighbor around the center , or may be it would be better a village like Jelsa (25 km about from Hvar city) or the romantic Vrboska , but in these cases You would not have a lot of locals and You would be quite far away from the night life .

I wish You a wonderful vacation in Croatia

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hvar in August

Everywhere in Croatia is going to be busy in August - and rightly so, it's a great place. Get your accommodation booked in advance!

I;ve been to Hvar a few times and to be honest, you;d be missing out on one of the highlight places along in the whole coast of Croatia if you don't go . There are lots of quiet places for a drink and a meal and if you stay in the Amfora you can grab yourself a space by the pool during the day.

If you're looking for another lower key option from Split - try Bol. You can get the hydrofoil from Split at around 4 p.m. which will drop you of in the heart of the town at 5pm. It's also got the stunning Zlatni Rat beach 20 minutes walk outside the town.

cambridge
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hvar in August

Thanks everyone - will definately include Hvar in our trip. Thanks for the tip on the Amfora - had a look and it looks fantastic but maybe a bit expensive for us - will have to try and persuade the husband to up our budget!

5. Re: Hvar in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Hvar Island