We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

Which Punta Prima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
doncaster
2 posts
Save Topic
Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

Hi,

We are going to Punta Prima on theth June for 2 weeks and we have a 4 1/2 month old baby.

To take 2 weeks worth of SMA gold ready made cartons will nearly take up the luggage allowance, I am happy to take 1 weeks worth and buy the rest if it is available.

Many thanks, Lynsey

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

While I have been to Punta Prima in years, I have seen SMA sold in several shops on the island, including resorts the Ciutedella side. However, from memory it was more expencive.

There is a way round the luggage allowance. Normal regulations are that you have your check in allowance and then 1 hand luggage.

After check in, you are allowed to buy things in the shopping area. Most UK airports have a Boots or other chemist, so you can buy it at this point.

I would check your airports website, and then maybe phone the shop up the day before you go, to check they have it in stock, and maybe ask them to reserve some for you.

Mark

doncaster
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

Thanks Mark, I didn't think about buying it in the airport. We are flying from Manchester so I would imagine they will have stocks but I will call and check. Again many thanks.

York
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

Didn't see SMA in the Supermarkets in Punta Prima when we went. The Supermakets in the resort are small and as stated already it is available in the larger ones (Eroski and so on) around the Island. Pretty pricey as are the swim nappies.

We bought our Babymilk cartons at Manchester Airport once through security . SMA Gold was available when we flew from there last October.

birmingham
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

Hi Lynsey,

Just been for a walk roundshops in Punta Prima, definately NO SMA Gold or at the chemist.They also do not stock it at the Spa or Syp/Eroski or chemists in Sant Lluis. I would suggest you bring your own from home or buy at the airport. According to my son the baby has his own allowance (even though not yet one year old). Not sure about that but worth a call to your local airport to check.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

Its still being sold in Ciutedella, as well as supermarkets in Cala Forcat/Blanes area.

However, the cheapest option is at the airport, its about 45% more in resort, about 30% more in Ciutedella.

6. Re: Can you buy SMA gold baby milk cartons in Punta Prima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations