We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group of five 18 year old lads

Plymouth
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Group of five 18 year old lads

We staying at hotel sur menorca in a couple of weeks time.

Were all inclusive, which is good.

I was wandering if there is any local clubs or nightclubs or something when you can go meet other people?

Thanks in advance

SUPAire
Equipment Hire, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
BlackLizzard Menorca
Equipment Hire, Kayaking & Canoeing
milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Group of five 18 year old lads

Sorry I an not help with that side of the island, but I used to me a manager in a night club in Cala Forcat, and know the nearby town, Ciutedella very well.

When I was in my early 20's, I worked in the night club, and for 12 years, done exactly the same type of holiday your doing, till i settled down with my partner, and now I have kids etc.

Its not going to be cheap, but you can get a bus to Mahon then Ciutedella, for about 8 or 9 euro each. It will take about 90 min travleing, plus waiting in Mahon (but check time table, and I am sure the first beer of the night can be done while waiting.

You can get a drink 24 hours a day in Ciutedella, but you will need to be out till 7am, to get the bus back.

If the town, your looking at from 1.50 euro to 2 euro for a half (most bars do not do pints in town). Bottles about 2 - 3 euro.

At 4am, you will have to to into a night club, your looking at 8-10 euro, what includes your first drink. (the door fee is normally the same price as a local vodka and coke etc, so do not get a beer for that price). Your ticket might say, suplement for some brands (like JD etc).

At 6am, the club will close, and you can across the road, to the bars or to place what does tapas (under local law, at 6am food has to be avalaible for sale, but no need for people to order it to get a beer).

Depending on what time you will be in town, depends on where to start, so let me know if your thinking about it, and I will post more detail.

A hire car will make it cheaper maybe, to get to and from ciutedella but remember your drinking beer the same as stella 5% alcohol, and if you do this, do not drink and drive. Have 1 of the group on soft drinks all night. Its not worth 2+ years in jail or a fine starting at £1000 before your passport is returned. Also, you will find it hard for anyone under 21, to get a hire car.

Also be aware, over the years, I have seen many fights in clubs. Most local girls will speck as much english, as you do spanish, and if the local lads think your giving them unwated attention, they will have words at the very least.

Mentioned in this post
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
653 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group of five 18 year old lads

I´m afraid that Punta Prima doesn´t have much in the way of night life, you will have to go to Mahon to the port or over to Calan Porter, where you will find the Cova d´en Xoroi nightclub, which is an absolute must.

Mahon port scene starts at around midnight, with people starting at the bars near to the ferry terminal. People then progress to "Peoples" Bar on the Via Ronda or to VLC nightclub. The club closes at 7am.

Calan Porter starts earlier as it is a resort, but the nightclub will not get going until around 1am. Visit FLAVA bar in resort as they always have deals going on with the club.

Hope this helps,

Raff

Mentioned in this post
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Cala'n Porter
Cala'n Porter
Menorca, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group of five 18 year old lads

Nathanplymouth

We have stayed All incl in the Sur Menorca. It was a good hotel with really nice food and a well stocked bar ! We stayed in the month of May and it was quite family oreientated then but I am sure in the busier season there will be a bigger mix of age groups staying there. Magicbeer08 has given you excellent info but I would say that it is in a fairly quiet location and theres not that many pubs around . A courtesy bus run from the Sur Menorca into the beach at Punta Prima itself. It is a few years since we have been so there will probably be new builds in and around the resort.

Hopefully your budget might stretch to a couple of nights in Mahon. You can always go in by bus and a taxi split between 5 wouldnt be too expensive for getting back home.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Plymouth
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Group of five 18 year old lads

All of those comments really helped thanks alot.

Nathan

5. Re: Group of five 18 year old lads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations