We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

Hi

Staying at Punta Prima Sept 2010.

Can we get a shuttle bus or taxi from the airport to apartment ?

What would the cost be for two of us ?

Thank you

Sandy

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

Shuttle transfers are about £20-25 per person return, where at a Taxi is about 25 euro each way. You normally have to pre book. I am not aware of a local bus what goes from airport, but if there is can someone please post detail on it.

Therefore if no bus, best is Taxi. The rank at Mahon Airport will have taxis till the last plane of the day is down, and everyone has left.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

Thank you magicbeer08

Staffs
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

Hi, I've just returned from Punta Prima - you can get a taxi outside the airport but the queues were very long. Not sure about shuttle buses but we used public transport which was cheap and soooo easy! There is a bus stop directly outside the airport and to your left. You catch the number 10 bus to Mahon (Mao) departs approx every 20 mins. It stops in the bus station in Mahon, you literally get off, find stand number 12 and catch the number 92 bus to Punta Prima! Simple! Buses from the bus station run on the hour every hour from very early to about 11pm. The drivers are helpful and it was very cheap - approx 1euro 70cents each to Mahon then the same to Punta Prima. There is a computerised screen in the bus which displays the name of the next stop - usually the name of hotels in Punta Prima so you can probably get off directly outside where you are staying! There is a coffee shop and toilets at the bus station also. Took us about 1 and a half hours in total to get from airport to hotel in Punta Prima. We took a taxi back to the airport at the end of our holiday and this cost 25euros for 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teenagers).

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

Bus is easy as said -issue though is always Luggage from Bus stop to actual apartment when in Punta Prima- , so Taxi from outside terminal, no need to book.

Edited: 18 August 2010, 18:54
5. Re: Do i need to pre book taxi /shuttle from Airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations