We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sur Menorca televised football

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sur Menorca televised football

We will be at the Sur Menorca on 22 August, the same day as our team are live on ESPN.

Does anyone know whether the Sur Menorca shows live televised football on ESPN, or if there is somewhere nearby to go and watch with my son aged 9?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Edited: 10 August 2010, 21:45
UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sur Menorca televised football

If the Sur Menorca doesn't have the match on there is a bar about 300 metres up the road towards Punta Prima (on the roundabout) which always used to advertise live football. It wasn't open last summer but it might be back in business again. I don't know about anywhere in Biniancolla which is about 800metres the other way. There are some bar/ restaurants there. If you have a car then bar/restaurants in Cala Torret to the west and punta Prima to the east will almost certainly be be showing it. It won't be a problem taking your son along, the locals love children and they 're always welcome

Scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sur Menorca televised football

Just back from Cala Torret/Binibeca . I did not see any bars in the area that were showing any live football.(footy seaon had not started) Likewise in Punta Prima, although we did eat in Santi's 2 or 3 times( excellent by the way) & they have a large TV inside but at that time no football was advertised. There is a small English Bar in Es Castell just up from Cala Fonts( waterfront) that may show football. A taxi there & back should be no more than 20 Euros.

I reckon your best bet. is Cala Galdana & the British Bar ( Kit -Cat) was showing all the football when we drove along there for the day. If you have a car, its well worth a visit as the beach is excellent for the kids

birmingham
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sur Menorca televised football

Re the football, the only bar i know to that has ESPN is the english bar The Anchor in Punt Prima, most bars in Punta Prima have tv´s but show games in spanish. There is a free courtesy bus from your hotel to that resort so it is easy to get to. Once in the resort look for Bar Sebastian and The Anchor is a few meters past that down a street on the left, its signposted now so should be able to find it easily enough. Good food there as well.

london
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sur Menorca televised football

Hi,

The hotel has a tv but only has a freeview box-hence no sky.

There is a bar in Punta Prima that showed the Community Shield game between Chelsea and Man Utd when we were there,but thats about it.

ok.

Mark.

5. Re: Sur Menorca televised football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations