We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun bed hire

Which Punta Prima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
STAFFORD
Level Contributor
331 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Sun bed hire

Have heard that sunbed and parasol hire on the beach is very expensive! can antbody tell me and also is there a shop there that you could possible buy lilo /sunbeds and leave in resort at end of holiday?

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun bed hire

Prices start at 16 euro for 2 sunbeds with 1 parasol in the middle of them, to 24 euro peek season.

I do not know shops in your resort, but in every resort I know, you can get lilos from about 15 euro, and parasols for about 6 euro.

In terms of leaving them, if you just leave them in your appartment, under local law, the complex has to keep them as lost proparty, and they will not normally give them to anyone for you, if they have a shop what sells them. Your best bet is on last day, to have a look round the pool, and offer them to people.

Edited: 11 October 2010, 11:45
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,991 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun bed hire

I agree, the sunbeds on the beach may be nicer to lay on but the hire charges are very expensive -

Have a look at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187464-i494-k3856… so if you are planning on going onto the beach more than once of twice it is much better to buy a beach umbrella and a couple of rush mats (which are only a couple of euros each) with a view to leaving them leave them behind when you go home (although people sometimes take them home on the plane with them).

This season the First Choice Kids Club reps at our apartments in Santo Tomas operated a "take and leave" scheme for kiddies floats, lilos, buckets and spades etc. that seemed very popular so it would be worth asking the Reps at your accomodation if they do something similar, otherwise as Magic says see if you can find someone newly arrived to give them to

Edited: 11 October 2010, 13:10
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
127 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun bed hire

we bought a parasol at the local supermarket/gift shop which is in the beachfront. It was cheap and we just left it when we went home I think they sold inflatable's too so you shouldn't have a problem getting something at a reasonable price

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Minorca
Level Contributor
626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun bed hire

Hi,

There are at least 3 shops in PP that sell parasols and lilos, so no worries there....

Raff

5. Re: Sun bed hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations