We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

Which Punta Prima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

Having been to the Sur Menorca in both 2008 and 2009, we are to return there in July 2011.

My only dilemma is getting the cheapest transfer.

As it's only 15 minutes from the airport, I'd expect a one-way taxi to be circa 20/25 Euros, however, the best pre-booked rate I have (via A2B transfers.com) amounts to £63.80 via shuttle bus or £68.40 by private transfer.

I can only assume that I am paying agent fees and but wondered if anyone else had any recent experience of costs? Alternatively, anyone travelling in the next few weeks, please provde details of your costs/experiences.

Thanks,

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

A Taxi from the rank at the airport for 4 people, will cost about 25 Euro.

Pre booked Taxis from the airport cost more as your paying for it to be avaliable at the time you need it, what can restrict what they can use it for in the couple of hours before.

Also, a lot of sites will take a booking for private taxis and then try to make 30% on it, by giving the booking to another company to do the job.

Also be aware that if you book budget transfers, even if its only a 15 min trip, it can take a lot longer as it will have more people on it, and they might not be going to the same resort as you.

Edited: 04 May 2011, 07:28
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

Take taxi if you all fit in - will be around 20-25 max Euros

Suffolk
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

what date in july are you going, im at the sur menorca this july too =)

Wigan
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

Thanks for the info. As we've got decent flight times (i.e. Saturday afternoons), I think I'll opt for the rank. There's only three of us plus luggage.

Ravenwood, will send you PM.

5. Re: Transfer to/from Airport to Sur Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations