We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

Glasgow, Scotland...
1 post
Save Topic
Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

Hi,

I have booked the above property through Thomas Cook for May, and have elderly relatives who struggle with long distances. Unbelievably TC refuse to tell me ahead of time where the Villa is- can anyone help?? I just need to know for car hire arrangements.

I'm being told it breaches data protection, but at this stage I pretty much have a contract of sale with them, so think this is just a load of b_ll. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

just to remind people.Send a private message with your suggestion to Poster and not here as this woud be a matter of property security to the villa owners ( who almost certainly are not TC ) . I have looked at the photos on TC website and cannot place it accurately -sorry.

Edited: 21 February 2012, 07:21
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

I see that the Thos Cook website refers to it as "...Surrounded by undulating countryside‚ the property enjoys a great location that is slightly removed from the resort centre yet still less than a kilometre away..." so it looks as though it is not actually in the main part of the resort.

Doing a google search on the name interestingly brought up tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g659968-i12624-k… - although she lives on that side of the island Raff didn't know it then which again suggests it may be away from the centre but she may well have kept an eye out for it subsequently. Have you tried using google earth street view and looking for the property as it looks quite distinctive

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

Having looked at the pictures on the TC website, it looks to me that this villa is near to the Insotel Hotel, which is at the end of the main street Carrer De Llevant. There are several cul-de-sacs off this road, leading to secluded houses, Jessella could be one of them.

If you look at the external overhead pool shot, in the distance you can see flood lights, which are from the tennis courts at the hotel. I would say this villa is located somewhere between Calle de Medianera and Carrer de llevant. If you zoom in on punta prima with google maps, you´ll see where I´m refering to. Obviously though, I can´t be sure!

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

I think Raff is spot on ( I saw the floodlights too) but was not confident. I think for once the operator has over exagerated the distance to the resort. Get out google maps while looking at the photo - will get you the street name

Maidstone, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

Hi we are looking at booking this villa and wondered if the person who stayed here could pass on any information about the location. We will have 3 babies under 1 so would like it to be near the beach and local amenities. Any information would be great. Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

On the TC web page thomascook.com/destinations/…

There is a ( view on map ) it shows the location of the villa with Google earth

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

I have just looked at the map on the Thomas cook web site and I am sure it is not where the marker points.

I would give TC a call to find out the location.

Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

Hi

We stayed here 2 years ago and the villa is amazing. It spacious with a big pool as well as quiet and secluded for privacy. It's only about 5 minutes walk from the sea front where there is a nice beach, a handful of nice restaurants and shops. It is all up hill back to the villa but there are plenty of taxis and a couple if horse drawn carts that we used some evenings to take us back to the villa as we have 2 children under 6. All in all it is well worth stayin at this villa. If you go on google maps the villa is off calle de levante road

Hope this helps

9. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 08:35
Cardiff, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Jessella , Punta Prima - does it exist

Im wondering how u found the villa jessellacwe cannot find any info at all?

Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations