We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from punta prima

Which Punta Prima hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Just returned from punta prima

We loved it if anyone has any questions please ask & I'll try and help.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,781 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from punta prima

First time? Where did you stay?

North West England
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Hi, really pleased you've enjoyed your holiday. We're planning to go to Barcelo Pueblo in September.

I believe the resort is quiet (which is fine, we just want to relax!), is there much to do in the evenings I.e a wander along a front? Wander round? Maybe a few shops? Not too bothered about pubs/bar as not massive drinkers (although am partial to a cocktail or 2! so any suggestions on that front are appreciated too)

Also, any reccommendations on where to get a recent sandwich /light meal for lunches? (will be half board).

Any other reccommendations for the island -we'll have car.

Finally, can you see the sunset?

Many thanks indeed!

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,781 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from punta prima

gemandian I take it you mean a GOOD view of the sunset !

If you zoom in on Punta Prima on the satelite view of the map at https://maps.google.co.uk/maps… you will see that most of PP is to the right of a headland so that will obscure " the best" distant views of the sunset but ask when you arrive where in the resort is the best place to view the sun going down last thing.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,781 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Further to my last post - for info on where to go in your car please have a look at the "Top Question " section of the main island forum page - there is lots of info on there. Also, be sure to pick up one of the free Tourist Info guides available on the island form hotels and other places like tourist info offices which have lots of info and free maps ( here is something to get you going http://www.menorca-live.com/ ) .

VERY IMPORTANT about car hire Gemandian

Please see the Top Question " Car Hire - including warnings" and check you are up to speed NOW on what you have actually booked ( and very importantly who with). I do not want to scare you but there have been soooooooo many disgruntled posts on here about companies charging unexpected "add ons" like overpriced full tanks of petrol and top up insurance hidden away in the small print of the supplier company's T&Cs and if you have booked through an online agency or travel agent you need to find out asap WHO the car is being supplied by so you can change the booking beforehand if necessary. If it is a company with a Full to Empty policy you are going to be charged (an over the odds price) for a full tank of fuel and will be entitled to nothing back if you do not use it all which could add massively to your costs. Also if you do not already booked full CDW insuance cover you will either be asked to pay a security deposit up front to cover any damage not covered by the 600€ odd excess ( and some firms are suspected of knowing where to "find" something on the car when you take it back like scratches that you did not notice when you picked the car up and charghing you for them) or be charged an additional "top up insurance" fee.

If by any horrible chance you are with Gold Cars, then having read all the stuff on here and other travel forums across the Med about them ( or seen the expose on Gold Cars on "Your Money Their Tricks" on the Beeb on 17 July) you may decide that it is time to cancel and find something else. Let us know if you need recommendations of firms that charge one "all in price" and are good value.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Hi,

Just trying to decide whether to book last minute for a week with two adults and toddler. It says there is separate kids pool but then cant find any pictures of it. Any idea if it is separate and what it is like?

Thanks

North West England
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Thank you Menorca regular.

Your thorough information and advice is very welcomed and much appreciated. . We are hoping to book with poppy cars as I have read many of the conments re the difficulties encountered by so many people. If we cant get a car from them I will certainly come back to you for further advice -thank you.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Best wishes.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,781 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from punta prima

I hope that Roger at Poppys can sort you out with a vehicle but another local firm mentioned in glowing terms recently is Amber Cars but there are several good firms out there

Edited: 30 July 2013, 12:50
uk
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Regards Sunsets, we have just returned from Punta Prima and were treated to some superb sunsets as you looked out to sea across the beach. They were stunning and quite a few people were waiting for them each evening, best done by sitiing in the bar right next to the beach!!!

York
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Soton5

There is a separate kids pool. Decent size and shallow all the way across.

North West England
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from punta prima

Thank you so much everyone! Really appreciate your replies....we've just booked it all and now very excited and looking forward to enjoying a cocktail, whilst watching the sun go down sitting the bar next to the beach!

Thanks everyone. :D

Get answers to your questions about Punta Prima
Recent Conversations