We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather / next week

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
185 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather / next week

I know this is silly but my weather app says it's raining 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Please tell me it's only slight showers or do I need a brolly on Sunday ? ? ?

Thanks in advance :-)

Gateshead
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather / next week

Rain and storms been bad last day or two (mum currently in Kalamaki and there was a massive down pour at 8ish last night) but who knows what the rest of the wk will bring. I fly out tomorrow and whilst I am hoping for wall to wall sunshine, a bit of rain or thunder wont spoil my holiday. Defo wont be taking an umbrella, will just ride any rain out in a nice Taverna.

Lots of forecasts are contradictory so just go and enjoy. Rain in Zante is a hell of a lot better than rain here and I doubt there will be days and days of rain, probably the odd shower then blazing sunshine :)

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather / next week

We fly out tomorrow aswell. Can't believe how different all the forecasts are! Someone on here who is out there now said the local forecast is good for the rest of the week. Fingers crossed the bad weather has passed and if it does rain that it won't be enough to spoil out fun.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
185 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather / next week

Just checked and it's forcast storms for Sunday & Monday !

Gutted, yes rain there is better than rain here but this is our last holiday this year 😢

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather / next week

Two days isn't too bad and from I have heard on here and from looking at the hourly forecasts it isn't wall to wall rain and most of it falls early morning or in the evening. Some sites are saying rain but the actual amount is less than 1mm that is hardly rain. A lot also say less than a 50% chance of a storm so we might be lucky and not get any.

The bbc has picked up about between now and Saturday and then saying sunny next tues/wed/thurs!

Who knows but I hope it doesn't spoil our hols!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather / next week

Fingers crossed,

Like you say I know it won't be wall to wall rain & I'm sure hubby won't mind a extra few pints if we have to run for cover now & then lol

Gateshead
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather / next week

Kat225 This is our only holiday this yr and a little rain won't spoil it. Yeah rain isn't what we want for or fortnight in Greece but what will be will be. As Hells says it might rain for an hr or less a day so chill and enjoy ur holiday regardless as getting het up about it isn't going to change what is essentially in the lap of the Gods lol

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,315 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather / next week

They forecast storms today and ive just looked at Plaka beach live cam and peaple are happily sunbathing and swimming in the sea.As ive said Zante forecasts are notorous for getting it wrong.If you really are not sure then cancel and Brighton beach is gonna be mid 20's for next few days.I know where i would rather be though.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 13:00
UK
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather / next week

I really don't know why everyone gets so stressed about weather forecasts. The island is so small that even the slightest shift in weather systems completely changes the forecast. Just about every weather site has a different forecast. The weather patterns in the UK are more prexictable than Zante etc & they can't even get ours right. Whatever happens with the weather its beyond anyone's control so just chill out, its usually nice & dry inside the bars. I know we all want hot sunshine but even if it rains for a day or two it'll still be nicer than being at work, you lucky bu**ers.

nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current weather / next week

Hi Kat225, how weird is this.....we went on the Celebration (Black sea) a couple of weeks before you, & now you are going to Argassi a week before us. We go on the 12th. 2nd time for us, Hope you have a great time x

England
Level Contributor
478 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current weather / next week

Yesterday a huge downpour, which didn't last long enough to finish a Mythos. Then the sun came blazing out and it was back onto the sunbed!

The foercasts varied for yesterday from no rain at all to 98% chance! No point in paying any attention to them!!

Enjoy your holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Argassi
Recent Conversations