We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

son bou is it for me ???

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
son bou is it for me ???

i am thinking of hiring a villa in son bou. i have never been to menorca so dont know what to expect. there will be 4 adults and 1 child (6years old) is this a suitable place for us ?

in the evenings we will be looking for something to eat in nice restaurants . have some drinks in a few bars and maybe see some entertainment. will we find this in son bou ???

any advice would be very grateful

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: son bou is it for me ???

Son Bou isn't a buzzing resort - just a nice family orientated place with a reasonable selection of shops and bars etc. with a long, long expanse of beach. Parts of the resort where villas are located are behind some protected areas of sand dunes and marshy area which you cannot cut through to get to the beach ( except on a few fenced off pathways) so WHERE in the resort you chose may affect how close you are to the beach area.

Have you looked at the info sites mentioned in the Top Question on the main forum page? If not have a bit of a search through those and see what you think of the resort.

Edited: 22 March 2012, 22:00
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: son bou is it for me ???

Son Bou ticks all those- While it is not brash it actually has the most entertainment east of the West coast resorts plus a very good bowling alley with music acts and other activities Even has a small adults disco or two !

Edited: 23 March 2012, 14:25
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: son bou is it for me ???

MIB <Even has a small adults disco or two>

Not for the big boys, then ?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: son bou is it for me ???

Sounds like it would be OK for me then jtd ( providing they let the "older" tourist in of course)

Edited: 23 March 2012, 17:51
manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: son bou is it for me ???

mufc14, from Manc steve60, or rite mate, i have never been to son bou but i believe from others on this site it is very nice. i will comment on calan bosch though just to give you an idea of other resorts. we went there for our first trip to menorca last august. we liked it so much we are going back this september in a villa. the resort is very family friendly as we found all menorca is. we do not have children of that age but could clearly see it was.

calan bosch has a pritty marina surounded by bars and very good restaurants. there is an activity centre called goody,goody for the youngster which is good, a aquapark close to the resort with go carting for the adults to have some fun. two nice beaches. and an excellent bus service to cuitadella [10 to 15 mins] the old capital with lots of bars and restaurants for a change of sceen day or evening. the 20th is on its way to us ???

6. Re: son bou is it for me ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 March 2012, 17:56
London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: son bou is it for me ???

DD height discrimination can be emotionally very painful except where there is very low disco lighting :-)

Edited: 24 March 2012, 08:29
8. Re: son bou is it for me ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:40
Get answers to your questions about Son Bou
More Son Bou Topics