We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Which Son Bou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Would appreciate some suggestions please on good restaurants for evening dinner. Lovers of quality food and wine - looking forward to trying local dishes - and just the 2 of us with no (grand)kids to worry about.

First timers to Menorca and prefer suggestions in/around Son Bou though wouldn't discount a short taxi ride if necessary.

Have seen a few recommendations on here but my ideal would be your 1,2,3 with an indication of price.

thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Son Bou is a pure holiday resort- the better restaurants are always in the towns/villages where the locals live- so would you be prepared to go to Alaior, next town?

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

MenorcaIsland

Thanks - I appreciate that and it's not impossible - we plan to hire a car for part of the time - but probably would use taxi cos of drink driving. But would appreciate a view on the best of Son Bou too.

thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Okay I dont eat often in Son Bou, so others will have to make some suggestions there - I think Casa Andre ( more Menorcan ) is okayish

In Alaior ( 15 min taxi ride back/Bus in? ) Cobblers is very good. UK owned but is very med. cuisine also fixed evening price menu option at around 35 Eur-Book on WEs Mahon harbour is only a 25 min Taxi ride back where you have a great choice.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

HI - Casa Andre is fab only place we eat in Son Bou but Est Forn has also reopened and it is up the back rd out of Son Bou past Hotel Valentino.

I personally prefer heading to Mercadal, C'an Olga (but can be a little ££) http://bit.ly/O9kVef and you have the Windmill, and a new contemporary restaurant (sorry can’t remember the name) just off the square (there are only 3 bars /cafes there so you will find it easily).

Alyor is lovely for a coffee in the old man’s square but limited for Dinner apart from Cobblers as menorcaisland suggests.

have fun !

Edited: 22 July 2012, 21:54
Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

great thanks for info both

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
997 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

I agree that Cobblers is worth a visit.

Also if you have a car, C'an Bernet, on the road between San Climent & Cala n Porter, is very good. My daughter visited a couple of weeks ago & was the only Brit there, it's not touristy with chips with everything.

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far and pls keep them coming. Local wines abroad can be a bit of a lottery for the uninitiated, so any hints and tips would be appreciated on the good and the indifferent. thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

The local Menorcan wines are generally good. there arre only 5or6 and they concentrate on quaity rather than price segment -so any of them are okay. Menorca Rose is often very good.

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Just with regards to the wine ......... I always have cava ... Really reasonable and in the supermarkets I was paying €2.75 a bottle :-) absolute bargain and soooo nice !!! I also have it by the glass when dining out .....still cheaper than a pint of beer!

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Son Bou restaurant recommendations

Can't say I'd particularly recommend any restaurants in Son Bou, not that i've eaten at any but they all looked a little 'sad', but there are a couple of good bars for late night drinks, Mai Tai and Buddha lounge (I think that's what they are called). Can recommend Cobblers in nearby Alaior, went there last time in Menorca and had a great meal, the special Szechuan prawns followed by a steak, which I don't usually eat, but was delicious. The link below gives a good description about what to expect and they also have a website, but it's not very good.

menorca-live.com/menorca-restaurant-bar-guid…

Get answers to your questions about Son Bou
Recent Conversations
More Son Bou Topics