We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

Which Son Bou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea UK
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

We are visiting on the 10th of May for a week and have read some things open June-Sept! I really hope they do they normal seasons of May-Oct.

Just as long as the typical holiday shop, supermarket style shop, resturants and the little place for kids i have heard about with the bouncy castles and rides we will be happy.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,214 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

Anything attached to hotel/apartment complexes should be fully operational and as soon as the package season tourists arrive the businesses in resorts are generally geared up to take advantage of the tourists being there so although you may find that some places are less busy or have decided to have shorter opening hours on certain days for the first week or two there should be places open every day.

You really should be fine - the islanders depend on the summer season so I cannot imagine that the shops will not be open as soon as there are customers to serve

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

where have you read this? June -September times?

Swansea UK
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

I noticed on the Tobbaco thread that someone said the little shop near Son Bou gardens will be open June to End of Sept. Worried that they may all be the same with the seasons.

Thank you MenorcaRegular, I don't mind it being quiet, just as long as places are going to be open so we can enjoy our week. 1st time we have gone over.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 19:37
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,214 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

Tobacco shop opening periods are different - tobacco shops in resorts only have temporary licenses which are evidently granted for short periods only ( I was told 3 months at a time but this may be wrong) therefore unless it is a very busy resort with lots of likely trade from May - October the owners only take a licence for the busiest months of the summer season in order to limit their costs.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 20:10
Swansea UK
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

Oh i see, tbh we don't smoke so no need for that shop, but when we have been abroad before, all the tobacconist were the souvenier shop too and i just wanted to hope these would be open for my kids to spend their savings.

Im sure we will still manage this if its really only the Tobbaco shops that may limit their opening times.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

You can easily get on a bus to Alaior ( the local town which is very nice ) and all will be open ( do not forget Sietsa time 1- 5pm )

Edited: 08 April 2013, 07:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

Siesta time...

8. Re: Will most places be open in Son Bou in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Son Bou
More Son Bou Topics