We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

Anyone know anything?looks like first choice have dropped this hotel for next year.Love this hotel, going in three weeks for the third time. Travelling alone with my 11 year old daughter, she loves this hotel, mainly English/Spanish holidaymakers, good atmosphere and lots of return holidaymakers, same families returning year after year.

If this hotel has been dropped, any ideas for another Menorca all inclusive hotel with mainly English holidaymakers and no ferrel cats! as a cat lover, find hungry cats quite distressing.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

hello thinking of booking this myself (for the first time) and thomsons are selling it half board and all inclusive,but looks like first choice are not.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

Something odd seems to be going on because I have just looked online at the First Choice website and it IS showing ( I thought it was odd not to be in there because both are part of the same group. I ran a test search for two people for 2 weeks from 3 July 2014 and it popped up as available as All Incl AND half board which is odd because the 2013 brochures holidays all seemed to be All Inclusive or nothing.

SOMETIMES places don't appear in the "First Editions" of travel companies brochures because contracts are still being haggled over etc. so maybe that is why Janetto27 couldn't find it to start with.

UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

We've just booked here for September 2013- our first time in Minorca. When we booked the holiday, the tour operator told us the hotel was moving to Skytours from 2014. Still part of Thomsons but apparantly moving from First Choice as it wasn't going to be an All Inclusive only Hotel. I thought they had other dining options already!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

yes you are right,just been to hotel and met with a family who were self catering, it's not totally all inclusive and the reps don't know why skytours have taken over, a lovely hotel, hope it stays that way.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

half board will be expensive, drinks expensive and need courtesy bus for town which stops at 7 pm, not many places to eat in son bou, ate out once, two main courses and three drinks was over 40 euros, somethimg to consider as a family, food wasn't as good as in hotel either.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

well im booked up! me and the family going to menorca for first time and staying in valentin son bou half board in a 1 bed apartment next may for a week.. all inclusive option was available on Thomson website but decided the upgrade price was a little too high for me as im not one for staying round hotel all the time .

also booked for ten nights in Majorca next September so the Balearics will be seeing a bit of me next year ! making up for this year cos not been away as we have had a baby.roll on next year!

Edited: 26 August 2013, 16:52
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

it is now available first choice next may as menorcaregular stated but it would have cost £500 more than going half board on my dates so felt it was a tad too much to upgrade.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

"not many places to eat in son bou, ate out once, two main courses and three drinks was over 40 euros, somethimg to consider as a family, food wasn't as good as in hotel either."

would differ with that view. 15+ place to eat as a family, standard 3 course fixed price menu is 15 Eur with drinks . Main Courses A la carte are always disproportionate. Food in Casa Andres would easily be better than in Hotel

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

The Thomson group seem to be shuffling their accommodation between their brochures..

Skytours was always the budget brochure and I haven't seen it for a couple of years. Last year First Choice was branded as AI. So if you book out of the First Choice brochure it will be AI and Skytours will offer HB.

I'm surprised this hotel is featured in what used to be a "cheap and cheerful" brochure.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentin Son Bou not in First Choice 2014 brochure

if it wasn't for two young kids I would be self catering everytime cos I love eating out in restaurants and visiting bars,rather than being at hotel.its all part of the holiday experience when you go abroad in my opinion,just not practical with a one year old and a 5 year old though so shall have to manage for a couple of years.

Get answers to your questions about Son Bou
Recent Conversations
More Son Bou Topics