We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

son bou gardens parking?

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
son bou gardens parking?

My family and I are staying at son bou gardens in September. We have already organised our hire car for collection from the airport.

Can anyone tell us if there is a car park at the hotel or free parking nearby?

Also any places you would consider a must visit where we can drive to?

thanks in advance for any info.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
662 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: son bou gardens parking?

There is plenty of parking both in front and behind the different zones. Lots of available spaces when we visited.

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: son bou gardens parking?

That's great to know, thanks. Did you visit anywhere that's worth driving to?

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
662 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: son bou gardens parking?

We don't drive when on holiday I'm afraid. My husband drives as part of his job so likes two weeks off. We did get buses into Mahon and Ciutadella which we enjoyed. In fact we like Ciutadella so much we go once in daylight and once at night time.

There are lots of people on here who explore more of the island and I'm sure they will post some pointers for you.

Mentioned in this post
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Ciutadella
Ciutadella
Menorca, Spain
Leicestershire...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: son bou gardens parking?

We visited Son Bou in July and there is plenty of free parking all over Son Bou and especially around Son Bou gardens.

We visited Torre d’en Galmes a large prehistoric settlement from 1400BC, just a few miles from Son Bou on the Alaior road. However I'd recommend visiting this website:

www.calamenorca.com/menorca-resorts/son-bou

It has a fairly good description of Son Bou and plenty of other ideas of things to do etc. Have a great holiday!

Mentioned in this post
Son Bou
Son Bou
Menorca, Spain
Andover, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: son bou gardens parking?

Great, thanks

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: son bou gardens parking?

Loads of free parking everywhere in son bou. Make sure you have some small change for ticket machine to get out of airport. Places to visit Monte Torro on a clear day, Fornells, Cala Galdana and of course Ciutadella and Mahon (Mao) we always take the service bus as parking is really bad in both of these. You can also do an organised trip around the island - find the information at the bus stop at the roundabout in Son Bou. Hope you have a great holiday as we always do and we will be back again in October.

Mentioned in this post
Fornells
Fornells
Menorca, Spain
Cala Galdana
Cala Galdana
1,006 Reviews
Menorca, Spain
Ciutadella
Ciutadella
Menorca, Spain
Mahon
Mahon
Menorca, Spain
Son Bou
Son Bou
Menorca, Spain
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: son bou gardens parking?

Having been to Son Bou beach on Thursday this week (mid August) I can report that by midday the beach car parks were both full to overflowing however there is enough parking further back from the beach but you had to hunt. September should be fine though.

Mentioned in this post
Son Bou
Son Bou
Menorca, Spain
Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: son bou gardens parking?

The beach car park is always like that in high season, despite its size. Arrive either before 11am or after 4pm and it's fine.

9. Re: son bou gardens parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Son Bou
More Son Bou Topics