We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tours around sites in West Bank

Uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Guided tours around sites in West Bank

Hi we are a family with children wanting to organise Biblical tour of the West Bank and other Palestinian areas and wondered if you can recommend a registered tour guide with transport that is English speaking and reasonably priced - we are looking at the first week of August 2012, thanks Mrs W.

UK
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

hi - you might want to check out green olive tours, you can read more about them in here via this link - tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g660378-Activi…

Uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

Thank you we appreciate your response however, I have already looked at their tours - they just seem a little political for our liking - we just want a tour of specific Biblical sites with no added agenda. Thanks all the same

Colorado
Level Contributor
225 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

Bethlehem Bible College, in Bethlehem, has a tour guide program and graduates Christian Palestinian tour guides that work in the West Bank. I am sure that you can contact them for a recommendation on a licensed tour guide, as I have done in the past.

I have now toured the West Bank on two trips with my children and very much enjoyed myself.

Below is the link to Bethlehem Bible College.

http://www.bethbc.org/academics/tourism

Quebec City, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

Green Olive Tours also organises specific tours to religious sites, have a look here toursinenglish.com/p/overview-of-pilgrimage-…

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,451 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

Please clarify if you are interested in tours regarding the Old Testament or the New Testament. This will make it easier to recommend the proper type of tour. There are many guides out of Jerusalem who can offer private tours and several companies which offer tours in the footsteps of the Bible.

Chana

Israel

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

In the fall of 2010 I read a report on TripAdvisor which indicated that it was possible to visit many of the OT sites located in the Palestinian Authority. This would be in addition to the normal sites of Jericho, Bethlehem, Nablus, and Hebron. Fred Schlomka of ToursInEnglish (Green Olive Tours, as mentioned above) designed a two-day tour for three of us middle-aged Christians.

The tour was led by an extremely knowledgeable Israeli guide and by his Palestinian counterpart. This combination enabled us to smoothly navigate the tour.

We started at Gibeah (Saul's Palace) and were given an overview of that time period. We then toured Taybeh, Mt. Gerizim and the Samaritans, Jacob's Well, Bethel, Lebonah, and Shiloh. The three of us were then placed in a taxi that took us to Sebaste (Samaria) where we stayed overnight and had a wonderful experience.

The tour was the highlight of our Holy Land trip, and gave us a visual memory of Biblical Samaria. While you cannot get away from the everyday realities of Israeli-Palestinian relations, that was not the focus of this tour.

7. Re: Guided tours around sites in West Bank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:41