We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allenby Bridge to Bethlehem

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Allenby Bridge to Bethlehem

Greetings. When I cross from Jordan on the Allenby Bridge--what are my travel options to Bethlehem? Are there shared cabs? cost--or Taxis? Cost.

Also--does anyone know if the border crossing has shorter hours on Friday?

I have not been in the West Bank for 10 years, speak some Arabic and am of Lebanese descent with US passport.

Also--Will a Lebanese and Tunisian Stamp in my Passport be an issue in crossing Allenby?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
West Bank, Palestinian Territories
West Bank
West Bank
Palestinian Territories
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allenby Bridge to Bethlehem

Hello!

From Allenby border terminal (on the Israeli side) you can take a direct taxi to Bethlehem (the more expensive option). The other option is to take a shared taxi van ("sherut") to Jerusalem (you would be let down near the Damascus gate of the old city) and then walk to the bus terminal nearby to get a bus to Bethlehem.

The Allenby border crossing has limited time on Fridays - between 08:00 and 12:00.

Any stamp would not be an issue if you have nothing to hide and are travelling for tourism purposes. Nevertheless, expect to be questioned about those stamps and about your intentions for the trip upon entering Israel.

Mentioned in this post
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allenby Bridge to Bethlehem

Or you can get a serveece into Jericho and then a bus onto Bethlehem....possibly more straight forward.

Mentioned in this post
Jericho
Jericho
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
England, United...
Level Contributor
468 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allenby Bridge to Bethlehem

#2 Certainly a good option, but you may not find a service-taxi going directly to Bethlehem from Jericho and have to change at Abu Dis - very straightforward, the driver will point out the Bethlehem service-taxi to you.

Mentioned in this post
Bethlehem
Bethlehem
Jericho
Jericho
4. Re: Allenby Bridge to Bethlehem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:17