We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

Which Sete hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

Hi I am trying to get a hotel in Sete but only thing available is in Balaruc, says its only 2.5 miles away just wondering if its an easy walk or bike ride to sete?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

If you gave an address of the hotel it would be easier to say if it was really only 2.5 miles to Sête. Check viamichelin.com and enter the address of your hotel and you can see if that is correct. There is a Balaruc-le-Vieux and a Balaruc-les-Bains and from the center of either of those villages it looks to be at least 6 or 7 kilometers to the center of Sête. Maybe more than you'd like for a casual walk.

As for biking it depends on whether or not there is a dedicated bike lane. If not it would depend on your comfort level biking with traffic. This wouldn't scare me but it might bother some. The terrain at least is flat and easy to ride. I haven't been to Sête in a while and can't recall if there is a bike lane between the two. I checked the tourist website for the Hérault department (in which these towns are located) which lists maps of places where there are bike lanes. It shows that one is under construction between these towns but I don't know if it is completed yet. Here is a link to check out bike lanes in the area:

www.herault.fr/files/gcausse/guide-velo.pdf

The other option would be buses. Buses 320, 321 and 322 go through Balaruc to Sête. Here are links to the local bus network where you can check the schedule:

herault-transport.fr/telechargement/plan_res…

http://www.herault-transport.fr/

www.herault-transport.fr/horaires_tarifs.html

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,857 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

I would not walk from Balaruc to Sete.

Even bike would be questionable as I have never seen a bike route here, only highway.

3. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 21:33
USA
Level Contributor
368 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

What is your date of stay?

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

I suggest contact Gerry Patterson at http://cyclinglanguedoc.com

Peter

Nimes, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

There is a bike path from Balaruc to Sète along the D2. Sète itself is not the most bike-friendly town (except for the coastal roads), but it would certainly not be too painful to ride between the two towns.

Here is a web page I did some time ago on cycling paths around Montpellier (including Sète) that might be helpful.

…wordpress.com/2009/…

Gerry

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

Like the bike blog Gerry.

8. Re: Walk or Bike from Balaruc to Sete France?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:34
Get answers to your questions about Sete