We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes

Which Gouvia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Mosquitoes

Hi guys is ther any mosquitoes at this time of year were going in two weeks and wife always gets bitten

Cheers A

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
302 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes

This year there have been noticeably fewer mosquitos here in Gouvia. However you should still take the precautions that you would normally including no perfume. This year have only been bitten three times during this season. I take vitamin b complex and wear Parakito Anti Mozzie bands (the bands are 15.95e which come with two lozenges that last for 15 days each. They are available from the local chemist. Spare lozenges are 7.95e for two) Has been a rise in ant bites around ones ankles at dusk. If however you are susceptible to insect bites a good product here that is available at the Chemist here in Gouvia is "After Nip". Its a gel and stops the itch!

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes

Hi g thanks for that we do have all kinds of lotions plug inns bands even the Avon stuff, wife has also taken vitamin B tablets 4weeks before going but she always gets bitten to amen she's also a scratcher and makes them worse no matter how much I nag her, never seen band with lozenges will keep an eye out for them and the after nip, we're at the Louis Corcyra then onto a cruise really looking forwards to it

Thanks for any help cheers A

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes

tiger balm from pound shops great if you get a bite .....and a lot cheaper than creams over the counter here works on wasp stings too

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes

Alan, if she's a scratcher get her to take antihistamine tablets, I've also heard the the little electronic pulse stick is good for bites.

I also use Jungle Formula tropical strength spray, a liquid & tablet plug in for the room and I have a wrist band as mentioned above but haven't had to use it as yet.

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes

Hi guys thanks for any help and advise we have or have tried most off the available products they work fine for me but wife always seems to get bitten (don't know why I'm complaining ) stuff usually works for her at first then wares off going to try prankito bands mentioned above, actual question was are they about at this time of year or in two weeks time which appears to be yes, anyway we will still have a great time and no scratching

Cheers Alan

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
302 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes

Alan

If you come out the front gate of the Louis Cercyra, turn right and walk about 225m the pharmacy is on your left. Big flashing green neon cross sign if its open. They have the wristbands as well as belt loops in stock in a number of colours.

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitoes

Hi will do as I said will try bands with lozenges as bands we have are just coated

Thanks to all for any help

Cheers A

8. Re: Mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Gouvia
Recent Conversations