We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather currently

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Weather currently

Any updates on current weather please, warm enough for a swim in the pool?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather currently

Depends how brave you are lesleyanne!!! Yesterday saw temperatures of about 20 deg C and today looks the same. Sunny though and feels warmer in sheltered spots :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather currently

Great better than 2 degrees in uk, keep me posted daily please all part of the holiday excitement. We are to stay in goynuk, any tips on what to , we enjoy walking

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather currently

Head to Goynuk Canyon - a really beautiful oasis of peace. Part of the Lycian Way it has beautiful mountain stream fed pools that if you are really brave you can take a dip in!!! 5 lira entrance fee plus extra (about 10 lira if you want to go through the canyon and waterfall about a 2km walk uphill from the main ground level part. There is a cafe there but not sure if it is open this early on. They are quite happy for you to bring a picnic.

Also worth getting the local bus from the main road to Olimpos/Olympos and exploring the ruins there or enjoying the beach. Many of the resorts along that stretch such as Cirali, Phaselis are less ruined by tourism and you can spend some great time there.

For checking the weather İ generally use weather underground - www.wunderground.com. Sorry İ can't promise to give daily updates as İ am at work full time here and very often don't get online during the week

When do you arrive?

Mentioned in this post
Goynuk Canyon
Goynuk Canyon
573 Reviews
Goynuk, Turkey
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather currently

hi we travel on the 8th march for one week, thankyou for your information on walks etc, will def do some of this

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather currently

Unfortunately weather at this time of theyear can be unpredictable. Remember when you are checking out the forecast sites that Antalya is a big province and when it may rain in one area another has beautiful sunshine. I arrived home last week soaked to the skin after a torrential downpour. My other hals wanted to know why I was so wet - there had been no rain at all at home just a few km away!!!

I'M sure you will find lots to go whatever the weather and spring really does seem to be on the way :)

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather currently

Thank you for advice what is the weather like at the moment .

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather currently

Hi

Well we cycled down to the beach this afternoon and lay (clothed) there for about 45 minutes in the sun then the clouds gathered!!! No rain here yet and the week looks reasonable - temps hovering around 20 deg C and a mixture of sun and clouds with the odd chance of showers :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather currently

Thank you sounds good, we may hire some bikes , what area do you live in. We staying goynuk what area do you live in, we can go walking also .

Will bring our walking pants so can make into shorts if sunny and walking jacket with rucksack ! Will be fine. Warmer than the uk, just notntheusualmsummer temp we are used to in turkey.

Will the dolmas be running to get about on, are the markets on this time of the year. Just hope the hotel good with some entertainment .

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather currently

Local markets are all open. Maybe just a bit less tourist goods and also there are new rules regarding copyright so the fakes seem (in some places) to be less obviously available. İ did notice a sign saying a stall had been closed for advertising and selling M&S stuff....

Weather is great at the mo - nice to get around without having to stop every few metres to mop your brow because of the heat!! There were a few brave souls in the sea though today - not sure where they were from!!

Dolmuş are all running although some may nt quite as frequently as in the summer but all are less crowded.

İ live in the Lara area on the airport side of Antalya.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather currently

Thank you, we don't do fake stuff usually they fall apart.

We like the markets to have a nose around.

Our daughter got married in oul deniz 2011 it was amazing and so relaxed and hot. On a granite terrace on the lagoon at the meri hotel.

We will hire bikes next week, and trust the weather will be kind to us.

Keep me informed please.

Get answers to your questions about Goynuk
Recent Conversations