We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uttaranchal visit...

Bengaluru, India
6 posts
Save Topic
uttaranchal visit...

please suggest some places in uttaranchal to visit during the second wk of november. we have 1 week time(more precisely, on 7th at 2.15pm we are arriving in delhi and on 14th at 8pm we r leaving from delhi.)we are having one kid also with us of 4 years old. we have nainital and mussorie in our mind). what is the weather condition during that time.(min and max temperatures during day and nite. what type of cloths we need to take.light woollen or heavy wollen clothes are required? any other places near by to visit... i saw some places near by nainital like ranikhet, almora, kasauni etc..in net. if we visit these place then i think we need to skip massorie. which is the best plan?

regads

shwetha

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,406 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uttaranchal visit...

You may think of the following itinerary -

Day 1: Delhi to Kausani

Day 2: Kausani - Day tour to Baijnath

Day 3: Kausani to Binsar

Day 4: Binsar

Day 5: Binsar – Nainital

Day 6: Nainital

Day 7: Nainital – Kathgodam, avail the train for Delhi

Day 8: Arr. Delhi

Heavy woolens will be needed in mid November.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 11:41
Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uttaranchal visit...

Uttarakhand has Kumaon and Gharwal. Mussuorie is in Garhwal and all the places mentioned by you are in Kumaon. Kumaon would be the better choice for a scenic holiday.Instead of Nainital you could consider Bhimtal or Naukuchiyatal from Kathgodam. To this you could add Binsar and/or Kausani. Baijnath,Bageshwar could be excursions and Almora could be included enroute.

You can return via Nainital if you wish.

indore
Level Contributor
17 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uttaranchal visit...

A few years ago I covered the Kumaon area extensively and fell in love with the beauty of all the places I visited,and promised to cover the Garhwal area as soon as I could.I am now planning a driving holiday to this area beginning mid Feb 2013. Time is not a constraint, so I shall be grateful if you could guide me on the places to visit as well as a rough route guide.

Many thanks.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: uttaranchal visit...

My visit is limlted to Dehradun, Massuorie and Hardwar but heard about places like Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath, Joshimath, Hem kund, Valley of flowers...

deepak

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,406 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: uttaranchal visit...

ashok123w

Feb is not the right time for Garhwal. Most of the upper ridges will be closed due to snow. Rather, April is better to see the following places (Route) = Delhi-Rishikesh-Dhanaulti-Chamba- Kanatal-Harsil-Chopta-Joshimath-Auli-Rudraprayag-Haridwar-Delhi.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 18:22
Bengaluru, India
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: uttaranchal visit...

thank you :)

Bengaluru, India
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: uttaranchal visit...

wt abt including jim corbett park? i read its clossed till 15 th of nov. is it rite?

Edited: 09 September 2012, 19:35
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,406 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: uttaranchal visit...

Corbett will be open on 15th Nov.

Edited: 10 September 2012, 07:18
Bengaluru, India
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: uttaranchal visit...

is the safari from Jhrina zone in Corbett National Park is good as we are nt staying there till 15th and Jhrina zone remains open throughout the year for the visitors. suggest some good hotels (budget is around 1500-2000/nite)to stay in nainithal/mussorie and jim corbett. whether opting for a package tour from delhi is good or hiring a taxi from delhi is better?

Auli, India
Level Contributor
73 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: uttaranchal visit...

@ ashok123w If you are driving then try to cover major valleys in Garhwal.

1. Arrive in Dehradun and drive next day to Chakrata.

2. Chakrata-Tuni-Hanol. Hanol is the temple of Mahasu. There is a small GMVN facility.

3. Hanol-Mori-Purola-Barkot. You will be driving upstream of river Tons till Mori and later enter one of the finest pine forests. Meet Yamuna at Naugaon and drive upstream to Barkot.

4. Barkot-Uttarkashi. You climb to Radi Ka Danda and descend to Dharasu to meet Bhagirathi.

5. Uttarkashi-New Tehri. Ask for the Pipal Dali route, from Pipal Dali turn towards New Tehri. This is the section near the Tehri lake.

6. Tehri-Dev Prayag via Hindolakhal. Before Kaintholi village ask for the Chandrabadni temple route. Chandra Badni temple is one of the sidh peeths and best location to have a panoramic view of the Himalayas. At Dev Prayag, you meet the Ganges

7. Dev Prayag-Rudraprayag-Syalsour: From Devprayag you drive upstream of Alaknanda and from Rudraprayag you are with Mandakini.

8. Option a. Check for the Chopta-Gopeshwar route. If its open you can use this to reach Auli via Okhimath, Chopta and Gopeshwar. If the route is not open drive down to Rudraprayag and head for Auli.

9. Spend a day at Auli, may be hike to Gorson.

10. From Auli return to Karanprayag and turn towards Gwaldam. Now you are with river Pindar.

11. From Gwaldam you can drive to Nainital via Kausani, in btw visit Baijnath temples.