We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penang in rainy season

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Penang in rainy season

We would love to visit Penang in October however I am worried that it is the rainy season. Does it rain all day every day or is it just isolated heavy rain showers?

I would like to see some sun!

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penang in rainy season

Lots of other TAs have commented on this.

Typical tropical climate...when it rains, it pours and usually clears up.

Sep, Oct, Nov would be the Monsoon season for Penang so expect to see rainfall. Been to Penang in Oct a couple of times and it will rain heavily for a couple of hours and usually followed by lots of sunshine which could then be followed by rain showers again.

Was in Penang late Nov this year...and days have been overcast with bouts of sunshine but it only rains in the late evenings and nights...almost clockwork.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,162 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penang in rainy season

Hi

Been there when it should have rained and not seen a drop and been there when it should be dry and saw rain.

It might rain, it might not! When it rains it will be heavy, but you can expect to see some cloud, sun, rain, but it will be hot!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penang in rainy season

today unfortunately you get what comes down ..the weather all over is not the usual these days ..but as comments above ..generally it is the rainy season

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Penang in rainy season

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293951-i7006-k321…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Penang in rainy season

I think the above covers it very well

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Penang in rainy season

Thanks for all your comments. I think we will go ahead with our plans to visit.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Penang in rainy season

hiya hazel, i was on penang in october this year and for 4 days solid day and night it rained, only stoping for a couple of hours,

but what made it worse i didnt have any wet clothes with me so just walking out i got drenched, didnt even have a jacket with me derr!

iv been on penang when its rained for a hour and then boiling sun ,,but sadly not this time i was well peed off x

8. Re: Penang in rainy season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Penang Island
Recent Conversations