We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Hi everyone,

Are there many beauty salons/spas around batu ferringi and surrounding areas? I'd like to do some ,massages and facials and other pampering treatments.

Also, are there any day trips to nice islands for swimming/ snorkeling

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Hi

A couple along Batu Ferringhi beach, but not much. Best massage is the Foo family outside the Golden Sands hotel beach side. You find spas in the hotels.

Batu Ferringhi is pretty laid back, not like Patong or even Kata!

There is not much in the way of snorkelling around Penang.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Hi I also second Foo family massage on the beach for massages, they are the best in my opinion. If you do a seach on here for sc Foo and family you will get lots of positve reviews. There contact number is: 60124982442.

If you are looking for the spa experience then most of the resorts will offer that.

I can't comment on the day trip though.

Enjoy

Angela

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Okay, thanks Mitch!

So what do people do when in Penang? Besides eat? :-)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Lay about, then shop at the night market, head to bed before midnight . . . . not much else unless you want to head to Georgetown and walk about there.

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
Level Contributor
868 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Nearest snorkelling area worth recommend is Pulau Payar(platform snorkelling and not beach) but its a full day trip and I believe its they best Penang-Langkawi can offer at this area.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

You can go on a day trip to langkawi, well worth it but make sure you do it all by yourself. We went last month on a private tour and all they did was drop us off at the ferry and pick us up. It was a total rip off. We could have organised our own taxi to the ferry, ferry ticket is so cheap and then when you get to langkawi, there are hundreds of taxis waiting at the ferry terminal and all for 1/20th of the cost the tour people charged us. Once there, take a drive around the island, very pretty place. Highly recommended.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

There is plenty to do in Penang if you want, it just depends on what you like:) Relaxing,, sunbathing, eating, massages, shopping. Seeing the local scenary, trishaw rides, tours of the island, cooking classes, just to name a few...I will be there for my third visit soon and haven't even scratched the surface yet:)

Enjoy...Penang is wonderful and addictive

Edited: 21 September 2013, 17:16
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

Hi there. I am going for the first time in a few days, staying in Georgetown. Do you know if there are any reputable tailors there?

Thanks

toowoomba
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

When in Penang, I always use Armidillo in Prangin. Alan is a great stylist, good with colours and does a terrific treatment. Prices are cheaper elsewhere I think, but I know he uses good products. The salon is in the same building as Pizza Hut. I find it easy by taking the lift inside Prangin to level four, turn right out of the lift, then left at the first corner. Just walk along and there it is.

Penang Island...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Beauty Salons and Day Trips

You could try STAAY YOUNG Beauty Salon located near Queenbay Mall

http://www.staayyoung.com/