We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art supplies help!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Art supplies help!

I am interested in chinese brush and watercolour painting and craft and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can go to get painting/art/craft supplies. Appreciate your help.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Art supplies help!

Try YoungOnes stationers on Burma Road. They're on two floors but what you're looking for is probably over on the right hand side on the ground floor. Interesting stuff on the top floor however so do go up there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Art supplies help!

Thank you very much, I shall look up for the address. I will be staying at Noordin Mews in Lebuh Noordin - would you know how far between this two places?

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Art supplies help!

You can walk there. Walk down Burma Road from the Komtar end and it's on the right just past the Chinese temple. Or ask any taxi driver - they'll know it as YoungOnes has been there for years.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Art supplies help!

Another place you might want to go to, that I've heard about, is Nanyang Art & Graphic store along Carvarnon Street. I haven't been there myself so can't guarantee it's still there or its opening times, but it won't be that far from where you're staying. I believe that there may be another few shops nearby.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Art supplies help!

Thank you so much! I shall definitely find these places. Much appreciated.

6. Re: Art supplies help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17