We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Llandrindod Wells...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Just got back from Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel yesterday after getting married there. Had a great time and if anyone needs any info let me know

Clare

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

hey Clare,

Congrats on your marriage.

I am going to Rose Hall in 3 weeks. Do you know if they have wireless internet, and if they charge for it?

Did you do AI? Standard or Premium?

Thanks,

MBL

Llandrindod Wells...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Hi MBL

We did the all inclusive plan but thats as we booked a 2 week holiday and that's pretty much all they do from the Uk.

The hotel is pretty expensive if you don't do AI, we did notice a couple buying 2 drinks at the pool bar, one cocktail and 1 red stripe and it cost $17!!!

The rooms have Wireless internet we didn't use our own laptop as my brother in law and brother had there's on. They charge $12 for 24 hours. My brother was using his outside in the bar also so they have a pretty good range.

There's also 3 computers just off the lobby up the stairs which is free to use any time as long as there's not a queue, we never had more than 1 person waiting in front of us though.

Hope this helps

Clare

Luzerne...
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Is the water park included in the AI fee?

Llandrindod Wells...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

We had everything included in the AI plan, there were a few things not included in the plan, Room Service, Golf,meals at three palms and luna de mar were free unless you had the premium foods such as steak and lobster but then it wasn't full price i.e. steak on menu was $45 but AI guests paid $25.

Someone did tell us that the AI plan per day was $70.

As far as i'm aware if you're staying at the hotel the pool, waterpark, gym were included plus i didn't see anyone who was checking wrist bands etc. On the first day we got towles they did ask what room number we were but we never got asked after that.

Clare

Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Do you know what the difference is between the AI Standard and Premium plans and if Premium is worth the extra cost?

Llandrindod Wells...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Hi

Sorry i don't know the difference between the premium and standard AI packages, we didn't get a choice from the Uk. All i can say is we didn't have to pay for anything except premium branded drinks and some of the meals in the two restaurants that you had to book with had a surcharge of anywhere between $10 and $25.

Sorry i don't have any more info, may be you can email the hotel via their website to ask.

Clare

ottawa
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

We are going next month. FYI I signed up for AI for my son and I (he's 14) but it looks like I may need to pay $70/day extra for him as this is what's on their Web site:

"With our all-inclusive options there is a surcharge, applied at check-in, of $70 per night, per child for those 4-17 years old staying in the same room as their parents. Children 0-3 years old stay and eat complimentary. Those over 18 will be considered an adult."

I won't be happy, if this is the case, as I've paid for two full adult fares.

what did you think of the beach and is there more than one pool separate to the water park, or just the one rectangular one they show on the resort web site? thanks and congrats on your wedding!

Lorna

Llandrindod Wells...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Hi Lorna

My mother in law and brother in law booked their holiday from uk also and they had 2 kids with them ( 3yrs & 5 yrs) they had to pay for 4 adults also but they never had to pay a surcharge. I did hear someone say that AI to pay per day was $70 per person if not on a AI plan.

There's the waterpark with 2 slides where the pool bar is and a lazy river. Also there's a rectangle swimming pool where most of the adults without kids swim.

Clare

CAROL STREAM IL
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Let me get this clear,we paid for all inclusive for 2 adults and 2 kids.Do we still need to pay 70 dollars surcharge when we are there.When we go to mexico and stay at ai,ai means ai not being charged extra if we want steak or something else

Maine
Level Contributor
42 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rose Hall Resort & Spa Hotel

Clare,

Congrats!! We will be arriving at Rose Hall this coming Wed. for one week and can't wait. I have a few questions that I hope you can answer: Is there a limit to the amount of nights you can dine at either 3 Palms or Luna? And, should I make reservations now? Can men wear dress shorts to either of these restaurants or must they wear long pants. What other restaurants are open for evening dinner? What are some of your favorite meals that you had?

We asked for a room on the first floor facing the ocean - did you see these rooms and do they have a patio with lounge chairs?

Thanks so much!