We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
NYC
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

Can anyone compare the Ritz Carlton in Puerto Rico to Ritz Carlton in Jamaica? Rooms, grounds, pools, etc.

Thx!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

Should you not be more interested in the island destination rather than comparing a resort to determine where you go for a vacation. Two totally different experiences in every way imaginable.

NYC
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

Well, not exactly. I know I love both islands. I am just oddly picky ab hotels!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

If you are definitely are set on the Ritz, you may want to read trip reviews of each in detail. Agree with PR and Jamaica being totally different. I've been to both islands and they are like night and day (didn't stay at the Ritz).

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

I have not ben to the Ritz in PR, but I have stayed at the ritz in Ja. I found the rooms to be very good, for me the best I have seen in Jamaica, however I have not stayed at a very large cross section of resorts. The grounds were kept immaculate, the pool was nice, but not very large. The beach was average.

NYC
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

Thanks! Very helpful feedback...:-)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

If you are set on a Ritz property, you may want to check out the fairly new Ritz in Grand Cayman. The only downside is the beach can get crowded, but you can always move your chair over a bit where there is less people.

NYC
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

Thanks, Dian! I am set on the Ritz only because we get the platnium benefits which we really love...esp the free breakfast. We stayed at The Cayman Ritz and it was fantastic. I better write my review!

8. Re: Which Ritz is better: PR or Jamaica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:17